Andrew Bynum out 8-12 weeks with torn MCL

They're saying 8-12 weeks but given what happened last season, Bynum's season is probably over.

Sucks for both Laker fans and Celtic fans. Mostly because if the Celtics win again all that will be said is "BUT WHAT IF BYNUM WAS THERE!!!" for the second season in a row.

im still fucking heartbroken this has happened

did you see kobe's face when he landed on him? :/ ugh he wanted to kill someone

Last edited:
You gotta feel bad for the guy. Seems like a nice kid. Just when he was starting to do really fucking well, AGAIN, he gets fucked up.

how the fuck did it go from xrays negative to torn mcl? report i heard after it happened was just a sprain ... gunna have to call my guy.

point taken but the on site facilities the lakers have include everything needed to assess whether ligaments are torn. possibly they waited for a second opinion idk.

It was a road game when he tore it. The doctor said 8-12 weeks is being real conservative and that he expects him to be back around the 6 week mark. It still sucks but this is the team that went to the finals + ariza and powell so I'm confident they can handle themselves while bynum gets back.

It was a road game when he tore it. The doctor said 8-12 weeks is being real conservative and that he expects him to be back around the 6 week mark. It still sucks but this is the team that went to the finals + ariza and powell so I'm confident they can handle themselves while bynum gets back.

The biggest worry isn't wondering when he will get back but if he plays timid when he does get back because he's afraid his knees are going to explode every time he tries to be an enforcer.

If he gets back, even if he doesn't start in the playoffs he would be an awesome 6th man.
Hopefully he's back by the 7 week mark so he gets some time to get his legs back under him.

Back