And the award for worst communication goes to...

JestrzPlague

Veteran XV
VUG. Oh how long we've been left in the dark. Way to let down a community of die hard gamers VUG. I'd go so far as to say you suck as bad as Dave G.

However! There is hope that such comments will be retracted if there's a patch, and if said patch manages to eliminate this horrid lag that keeps me from playing T:V.

Bring on the ban, but I had to share my pessimism.

yes. lots of boo hoo actually. I put $1500 into a box so I could play T:V and for the longest time I tweaked the hell out of it so I could get T:V to play nicely, but to no avail. shazbotty netcode can't be tweaked clientside.

Moreover, when you've been anticipating T3 for 3 years and it finally comes, you're stoked. When it's not so hot, you're bummed, but when the DEV team bails, you're freaking pissed. So yes, boo hoo.

suckitmember.

I agree.

Moreover, when you've been anticipating T3 for 3 years and it finally comes, you're stoked. When it's not so hot, you're bummed, but when the DEV team bails, you're freaking pissed. So yes, boo hoo.

Yup... it's perty bad.
Then again, you have to think a bit about what's going on in their offices.
They are handling a major court case with Valve over HL2 (with a lot of money at stake), WoW is having some serrious issues with overcrowding causing server issues (thuse causing problems with money), and mean while there's a couple 3rd party companies acting like kindergardners fighting over the rights to the T:V tag/Tribe DB.

Yerk.

That's not an excuse... it's a symptom.
Obviously VUG is having trouble keeping it's poop in a pile.

If anyone recalls... the last communication that we've had from VUG was a post via Guy.Welch that contained a comment admiting that all this is partly VUG's fault.

I wouldn't be shocked if that caused some problems with his bosses.
Hell... he might not even have a job anymore.

Indeed.
It's amusing to see something having problems because it's TOO popular.

On the other hand, I just don't get WoW at all. Boring as hell from what I've seen. Most of mu buddies that picked the game up have all caneled their subscriptins because the goss wore off and they realized that aside from it being perty, they could be playing NwN and NOT having to pay monthly.
:shrug:
It's an effed up industry.

BitRaiser said:
Indeed.
.....I just don't get WoW at all. Boring as hell from what I've seen. .....

all that is is a fancy instant messanger. ur right i dont get it.

but then again we are fps'ers <------- one rung above in geekdom

You do realise they speak french right? And you do realise that this entire board is in engrish right?

1 + 1 = trois

Maybe our comunication difficulty is as elementry as that!

ahem,

[Translate]

pardonnez-nous les Monsieur VUG

Où est la pièce rapportée vous promis nous ?

[/Translate]

Last edited:
BitRaiser said:
I wouldn't be shocked if that caused some problems with his bosses.
Hell... he might not even have a job anymore.
What part of that was hard to understand, p:ftard:f?

That was a big fat maybe in the stongest sence of the concept of maybedom. Pure wild speculation. The fact that he's here, not posting, and hasn't posted (even on the VUG forums) since acrediting VUG some of the blame supports the wild speculation that he got a spanking from his bosses.
Maybe.

God yer to stupid to live.
:ctrlk:

Back