America: The no-vacation nation.

yeah that's true actually

good catch

sounds more like british slang, "holiday", "queue", "receptionist" over "secretary"

also, Brits are all about visiting Spain, probably hoping to see the hovel where Wellington got his dick sucked by some Spanish whore...

I'm seriously considering doing foreign study in Germany in a year or two. Might like it enough to stay the more I hear about it.

also, Brits are all about visiting Spain, probably hoping to see the hovel where Wellington got his dick sucked by some Spanish whore...

hahahah.. yeah Spain's not exactly a huge vacation destination for Americans

I'm seriously considering doing foreign study in Germany in a year or two. Might like it enough to stay the more I hear about it.

do it, well worth the time

my wife took 3 months, half was vacation pay, half was unpaid and they treated her like shit for at least a month after she got back, starting by basically saving most of the work she would have done and giving her a 3 month backlog to catch up on.

i'm sure it's not typical but i mean fuck

my cousins work at embassies in eastern europe (currently prague) teaching embassy kids shit

she had both her kids in prague
each time she had a kid she was off, paid, for like 18 months

o_O

my wife took 3 months, half was vacation pay, half was unpaid and they treated her like shit for at least a month after she got back, starting by basically saving most of the work she would have done and giving her a 3 month backlog to catch up on.

i'm sure it's not typical but i mean fuck

is that for a kid or did she just take 3 months off

because if it's the latter I would've treated her like shit too

says the guy thats been in college for 7 yrs and depends on his parents for sustenance

mrrrraahh I have nothing legit to go on so I prefer lies mrrraaahhhh

once i sell this house in 12-18 months, and have my car paid off in same time frame, i'll be set to get an apartment and start saving lots of money with the promotion and no car payment and etc

then depending on what happens, maybe i will move out of country. It'd 'set me back' from my lofty goals of being well off in retirement, but whats the point of having old money if im dead or whatever

maybe i'll try out for embassy work or something
just gonna suck leaving a 70k year job for something way less potentially

I have 2 weeks vacation, 2 floating holidays to take when I want, and 5 sick days. Of course, I'm never sick, so those don't count. Also, we have semi overtime... meaning, if you work 30 or more hours of OT in a month, you get a Friday off. However, you can't stack the days (once you've earned one, the next doesn't start accumulating until you use your current day), and you can only use one per 6 weeks...so if I earn one 4 weeks after a took one, I have to wait 2 more weeks to take it.

My team is small, only 3 people, so taking time off is hard. More than 3 days in a row sticks your coworkers with entire projects. Last year, I took both floating and 7 holidays off... and it was a lot. I have 13 days + 2 floating this year, and I've used both floating and 1 day so far.

I try to maximize my days... I end up with a friday off every 8 weeks or so, so that adds about 6 days to my year. However, since they aren't all together, they don't have the same effect as a solid vacation. I took Thurs, Fri, and Monday off last week, and that was considered a large vacation at my place.

once i sell this house in 12-18 months, and have my car paid off in same time frame, i'll be set to get an apartment and start saving lots of money with the promotion and no car payment and etc

then depending on what happens, maybe i will move out of country. It'd 'set me back' from my lofty goals of being well off in retirement, but whats the point of having old money if im dead or whatever

maybe i'll try out for embassy work or something
just gonna suck leaving a 70k year job for something way less potentially

what's the point of having a year or two's worth of extra money when you're 65-70

when you could instead enjoy your life while you're young and able to enjoy it

mrrrraahh I have nothing legit to go on so I prefer lies mrrraaahhhh

says the guy that just made up some random nerd shit about me playing wow. i hope you had a good time raging all weekend in tw threads while I was out socializing w/ friends

and do you deny that you are still in college after 5+ years and that you still depend on your parents for $ because you dont have a job? Because you have not offered any proof to the contrary.

why are you posting in this thread when you dont even work, loser?

well
if you put in money at a young age, you can stop when you're older and let time do it's magic
figure every 7 years your account doubles
i started at 21 so i have like 6 doubling periods instead of the usual 5 or 4
but i really could have used the extra 25k these last 4 years

lmao nice vague "socializing with friends"

playing WoW together I guess

well
if you put in money at a young age, you can stop when you're older and let time do it's magic
figure every 7 years your account doubles
i started at 21 so i have like 6 doubling periods instead of the usual 5 or 4
but i really could have used the extra 25k these last 4 years

yeah I bet that extra ~300k in the bank when you're 65 will be so great

you wanna know how many 65-70 year olds would pay $300,000 to relive a few years of their youth?

hint: all of them

I have 5 weeks, 10 working days of public hol, 1 religious minority day (Christmas day for example :lol:)

So 7 weeks. And that's 2 weeks less than my previous company, so it sucks really.

Back