AIM Lite

Dark|Dragon

Veteran X
AIM Lite

This is looking pretty tight...only gripe I'm having right now is no ability to set/view profiles. Otherwise seems to have all the basic features. I hope the developers keep this alive and keep adding important features.

Theming is in the works as well:

We aren't ready to go ahead with theming just yet but it's way up there on our list of features to add. We are going to continue working with one main theme, but with upcoming releases look for the ability to make your own theme, or pull in the theme of your system (so it will look like whatever windows theme you are using).

The bold part sounds pretty tight.

I've been holding out for Google Talk to start making strides but their client still needs some work and still needs interoperability with AIM (which is what 100% of the people I talk to use). This is already AIM Lite's second public build.

*EDIT*

v0.31 is out!

The big features for this release are profile support, plugins and theming. Keep the WTF? comments pouring in, we are listening. A more complete list of of changes is available here, highlights include:
-- Messaging while away
-- Auto expanding input field
-- Offline IMs
-- Better state change indication
There are a few sample themes and plugins, but we need YOU to help come up new ones. Our architecture will evolve based on what you want to do, so try it out and let us know what you think!

*EDIT 2*

Onto 0.32.

What's New, you ask?
-- Better Direct IM support (sending and receiving images w/ drag and drop)
-- Buddy Icon support (drag and drop to profile window)
-- Save custom away messages
-- Privacy support

Ok, we know we said there would be font support. We apologize, but we weren't able to get it into this release. Hopefully will try to get that in for next release.

There are a bunch of other minor changes we've made too, check them out here.

Goals for the next release are chat windows, single sign on support, images in profiles, smilies and, *drum roll please...* font support. ^_^

AIM Lite

Last edited:
I like this one better than the bloated version already. Didn't find any use for all of those other features anyway.

oo that's neat. i still havent found a replacement for old aim + deadaim. wonder if gaim supports dual monitors now

It's a little TOO light for me atm. Need some plugins.

Settings is the Triangle at the top right btw.

Apparently they didn't have file transfers in the first release so progress is being made. But yeah definitely too light right now. Hopefully some plugins will come out soon as well.

Thanks for pointing out the triangle, didn't notice that.

Tell them Gaim SUCKS for windows. Aslk them why it is so slow and why there is no easy fucking way to change the fonts of the buddy list and message windows separately.

it's nice, all it really needs is logging and profile viewing, and I'd use it instead of DeadAIM in a heartbeat

I think he means it needs a logviewer. i like the deadaim viewer (gotten used to it). maybe they can somehow use something simlilar and have a right click 'view logs' or whatever like deadaim does.

i may replace aim4+deadaim with this, i'd like to see:
-view/edit profile
-change font/color of your own text (i use dark gray and verdana)
-times in IM, ie: username (time): message
-if Laim isn't focused, it should still show the hover information. currently you have to alt tab to it, or click it, then hover.
-idle times next to idle users in the buddy list

i dont care about themes... anything is fine really :p
also aimlite is taking 17meg ram, aim.exe is taking 12meg. not that i really care about ram usage these days, but i thought it was supposed to be the other way around :shock:

Last edited:
Back