A Successful Tribes 3?

Total

Veteran X
the answer on how to make a Tribes game that is financially successful is simple:

add ski'ing and jetpacks to CounterStrike and call it CounterStrike:Tribes. Center the gameplay on the annihialation of the other team and make it extremely fast paced. Add a bit of a storyline that sticks it somewhere in the future after the global war on terror ripped society to shreds.

It will sell mass copies due to the CS name and the onslaught gaming style.

Anything outside of that will be a development only for the handful of the community that remains and would best be an indie, non-profit release. Of course that means people will do it voluntarily in their spare time and it will take twice as long as a major release.

As much as it seems I am being a smartass by posting this, I'm not. That's the sad part too, cuz I wouldn't buy it. Because of the CS affiliation though, a bunch of pubescent brats would though and a profit would probably be made.

What's even more depressing is that VUG can do this since CS is their's and so is the Tribes name. An hell, if I thought of it, I am sure someone there has.

Scary eh?

Total said:
the answer on how to make a Tribes game that is financially successful is simple:

add ski'ing and jetpacks to CounterStrike and call it CounterStrike:Tribes. Center the gameplay on the annihialation of the other team and make it extremely fast paced. Add a bit of a storyline that sticks it somewhere in the future after the global war on terror ripped society to shreds.

Anything outside of that will be a development only for the handful of the community that remains and would best be an indie, non-profit release. Of course that means people will do it voluntarily in their spare time and it will take twice as long as a major release.

As much as it seems I am being a smartass by posting this, I'm not. That's the sad part too, cuz I wouldn't buy it. Because of the CS affiliation though, a bunch of pubescent brats would though and a profit would probably be made.

What's even more depressing is that VUG can do this since CS is their's and so is the Tribes name. An hell, if I thought of it, I am sure someone there has.

Scary eh?

That idea had crossed my mind as well wonder if the game engine would support jetpacks and skiing

I would change the name to "Clans", because it sounds cooler. And then they could all wear kilts over their armor, and have Haggis launchers, and instead of jetpacks you'd have bagpipes strapped to your back that when squeezed boosted you into the air with a horrible cat-being-stepped-on noise. And finally instead of CTF you'd all have a round of golf to decide who wins the game.

Trajan said:
I would change the name to "Clans", because it sounds cooler. And then they could all wear kilts over their armor, and have Haggis launchers, and instead of jetpacks you'd have bagpipes strapped to your back that when squeezed boosted you into the air with a horrible cat-being-stepped-on noise. And finally instead of CTF you'd all have a round of golf to decide who wins the game.

i support this idea

Trajan said:

Now that sounds interesting hmmmm

nah, wouldn't work. Only thing those guys wear under their kilts is yer mom's lipstick. Don't think we wanna see that flying overhead lol

Trajan said:
And melee weapons.

scotsman1.jpg

Total said:
nah, wouldn't work. Only thing those guys wear under their kilts is yer mom's lipstick. Don't think we wanna see that flying overhead lol

You must be new to Tribalwar. My dog could have eaten some alphabet soup and crapped out a better insult. Try again, this time with some gusto.

donnykrun said:
That idea had crossed my mind as well wonder if the game engine would support jetpacks and skiing

Somone has already proven that it can. I don't know where the video is, but I could host it if interested. It wasn't too impressive, but it showed it could be done.

Total said:

Scary eh?

All i hear is "blah blah blah..."
:closet: :wave:

Back