A shadow tree hit my car

misfit

Contributor
Veteran XV
So the othernight, I am on my way home. Its slightly rain and about midnight. I round a curve on a two way road where the speed limit is 50. I look down to grab my XM radio remote(of course.) I look up just in time to see two headlights coming directly at me. I vere to the right and hydro-plane. My car turns sideways as I go off the road and onto the lanscape. Next thing I see is a tree coming directly at my driver's side door. My car bent around the tree and because the road was curving, the next thing I knew I was back on the road like nothing happened. I was about 30 seconds from home and drove there and parked. I had to climb out the passenger side door, becuase mine was bent closed and the side airbags had deployed.

After walking away from this with only a few scratchs on my arms, I feel lucky to be even alive. When I bought my Mazda 3 last may I am very happy and thankful I spent the extra $400 on the "Save your life" package as the dealer put it(added side-impact airbags.) The car did exactly what it was made to do. Im still hopefully that it is not a total loss but I just don't know.

Here are some pictures:

car1ho3.jpg

car2hi3.jpg

car3ve9.jpg

car5gd9.jpg

[
car4nr6.jpg

Cliffs:
Me vs Tree
Tree 1: Me 0
Mazda 3 for the win

I have learned never to buy a mazda3. Not because they aren't awesome, but between TW and SA/AI, Mazda3's always seem to be broken into/destroyed by nature. :(

I'm curious. Why do you have a remote for your radio? Isn't the control panel within arms reach? I don't really understand that one at all.

Back