[A++ Rachel Ray Recipe] Cheesy Chicken a la Pretzels

.dave.

Veteran X
So i picked up a new cookbook, still have like $150 of leftover giftcards from the wedding at crate and barrel its the Rachel Rays No Repat cookbook it has like 365 different recipes.

Tons of good stuff so pick it up, heres a recipe i made last night from it and its good.

Chicken:
Blend 5oz pretzels until crummy.
Get chicken, put in ziploc, pound until flat.
2 eggs+splash of water in bowl
put crumbs on plate

dip chicken into egg and then into pretzel crumb and then fry 3-4 minutes a side in 1/4inch of vegetable oil. Repeat until chicken is all gone.

Sauce:
It was supposed to be a cheesy dijon mustard but wife and i hate mustard

get 2 table spoons butter, melt it in saucepan, add 2 tablespoons flour and stir until its like doughy.

add 2 cups milk and bring to bubbling, once bubbling remove from heat and add 2-3 cups of cheese, she recommended cheddar.

put sauce on chicken and its awesome.

Notes:
Wasn't as pretzly as i would of thought but stillr eally good, the fried pretzels make it crispy and very tasty. If you like mustard, add it in the milk stage, it was like 2 tablespoons as well.

Cheese sauce++ it can be used for other stuff, we added it to green beans and will be using it on fries in the future. The recipe probably makes 20x's more then youll need for the chicken so think of other uses for it.

Ingredients:
however much chicken you like to make recipe.
5oz pretzels anytype
salt
pepper
2 eggs
spash of water
vegetable oil
2-3 cups cheese
2 table spoons flour
2 table spoons butter
2 cups of milk

Last edited:
Back