64 = 65?

Lukeris

Veteran X
64-equals-65.gif

Can someone who is smarter than me tell me why this is right or wrong?

I suck at math and spacial visualizations and whatnot. I don't know what the deal is with the Kanji characters.

It's just like that one where there's a hole in the triangle when the pieces are rearranged, the space is due to a mismatch. In this case, the mismatch is rounded up to give an extra square. It's bullshit.

Tell you what, get 64 lego squares and see if you can replicate those shapes. Go ahead. You dont need triangles or anything if this is on the level.

as far as i can tell at the orange block is lined up below the "cut" line. when the lines are drawn and the squares separate they both retain the line, so essentially an extra space is made up the width of the line. over the span of the whole puzzle that's enough to make one more box

infact on closer inspection i'm sure that's what they do. look at the size of the line separating the blocks in the final shape compared to the size of the cut lines in the original.

logmans said:
infact on closer inspection i'm sure that's what they do. look at the size of the line separating the blocks in the final shape compared to the size of the cut lines in the original.
bingo

This is similar to this one:

Notice that the red triangle has a slope of 3/8 while the dark green one has a slope of 2/5. Therefore, the first triangle on top bends in a little while the lower one bends out.

magic%20triangle.gif

Back