5-year-old girl in New Orleans dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound

Tribalbob

Contributor
Veteran XV
It's a good thing that little girl had a gun, otherwise her killer might still be alive today.

5-year-old girl in New Orleans dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound - CNN.com

A 5-year-old girl in New Orleans died Sunday after, police believe, she accidentally shot herself in the head.

The case will be reviewed by the district attorney's office and charges may be forthcoming, the New Orleans Police Department said in a statement.

Earlier, they had said that the girl's mother faced a charge of second-degree murder.

Officers responded to a report of a child shot late Sunday morning. They found the girl in a bedroom, suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. She was transferred to a hospital but later died from her injury.

"A preliminary investigation indicates the child was home alone and had somehow come into contact with a .38-caliber revolver and accidentally shot herself in the head," police said in their statement.

They said the mother told them she locked her daughter in the home while she went to the store. Upon her return, she found the girl in the bedroom with the gunshot wound.

The gun was recovered.

Police have not released the girl's name, pending notification of family members.

An autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning.

alone at the time?
locked in the house?

this 5 year old was doomed to begin with.

Im all for gun control, but this is bad parenting.

Family members speaking on film with little to no emotion
Cops doing GSR on old man sitting there

The people in that news clip were surreal.

:spineyes:

The first thing I thought was "She Ctrl+K'ed IRL... Man it's been a while since I've played Tribes". Still sad though.

Last edited:
In a song recently I'm sure they were singing "V-A-B" and I was translating it to "Bye" obviously, my passengers were confused. I didn't explain :(

This is a pop song at the moment, I will find it later.

20 kids will die in cars today.
5 will drown.
2 will burn alive.
8 will ingest some form of poison.
8 will suffocate.

Let's focus on the 1 that shot themselves.

btw is that considered an accidental shooting or a suicide?

What point are you trying to make by posting this shit?

If I made a post every time a child drowned, or fell and died because they were left unattended, it would fill the front page every day.

I work in a busy trauma center, in the operating room, and people come directly to me when they get fucked up. You know what I see? Motor vehicle accidents, falls, shootings, stabbings. The shootings and stabbings are so infrequent compared to vehicle accidents and falls.

It is so fucking stupid for people to focus on individual gun accidents, they are such a tiny occurrence and almost irrelevant statistically when it comes to accidental deaths.

If you want to debate mass shootings, that is one thing, but this is just a simple case of parental negligence.

Back