3DS

I played with a bit at GameStop. The 3D effect was cool, but not worth $250 or anywhere close to it. I love my DS Lite and was really anticipating the 3DS, but the price is a fucking joke for what you get. A wii costs half as much for fucks sake, it's ridiculous.

I played with a bit at GameStop. The 3D effect was cool, but not worth $250 or anywhere close to it. I love my DS Lite and was really anticipating the 3DS, but the price is a fucking joke for what you get. A wii costs half as much for fucks sake, it's ridiculous.

102kzld.jpg

The 3D effect is neat... and you can use the Exterior Camera to capture stereoscopic photographs with it's 2 lens, which is also pretty neat. The SD Card reader makes it easy move Data... but I'm am disappointed that there is no USB link cable. So, you need an SD Card reader on your computer... odd, who has a card reader on the computer?

I've also found that the 3D effect can be confusing or distracting, depending on how it's implemented. It's the same issue I have with watching 3D Moves at a theater. The effect is great and immersive in slow scenes, but in scenes with a lot of activity like a fight scene... it's hard to interpret. Same with games.... I tried Ridge Racer 3D and it was good... but watching the Kid Icarus or Starfox 3D demos with a dozen objects flying around and leaping off the screen at you and I can't process the scene very well.

Back