3d Model Viewer

m0nKeY

Veteran X
I have a 3d model I want to get a screen shot of, but I can't seem to find any good programs that will do this easily. I got a few full 3d model editing programs but I'm an idiot when it comes to modeling, and also I can never seem to get the model to apply the correct skin.

So my question is, does anyone know of a simple 3d model viewer that supports the use of skins and maybe even allows me to modify the current skin.

p.s. I have the model in .lwo, .shd, and .3ds formats.

Try out Deep Paint 3d, Deep UV or even Deep Explorer

:)

Deep Paint 3d is a great program I use a lot with skinnning 3d player models and misc. other objects such as weapons and prefabs. You can do basic skins with it and use it to export the skin with a flat wireframe layer into photoshop

None of them allow you to edit the model though.

Last edited:
deep exploration and polytrans are both model viewers/convertors
dunno if you can do much editing though

Awesome thanx, I can't believe I didn't think of just getting a skin editor... duh :) thanx for the program names though, I'll check em out.

Anyone know of a really simple program that let's me set the background and lighting, I got the model how I want it, now just need to get a program that let's me get a good pic of it. Here is an example of what I want to do w/ my model:
CRX_R.jpg

Just something simple like that, all these programs are fancy and are based towards editing the skin or model, I just need basically a model viewer that shows skins and allows background adjustments.

Monkey, do you have Lighwave by any chance? Should use that to set up your final shot, seeing that Lightwave is known for its renderer. One of the better ones out there. YOu might want to look into applying a bump map to your rear panel, since it isn't modeled. Give it some more depth so it doesn't look so flat.

edit: If you need assitance setting your shot up in Lighwave, i'll walk you through it.

Last edited:
Back