[360] Tiger Woods 09

Every version I've played on the 360 has been messed up badly and EA doesn't bother to fix it, so probably not going to give them anymore money.

I just played this some tonight. It's a lot easier than 08. That's Balanced 08 vs. Balanced 09 difficulties. That is, you have to miss-hit a lot worse to hook and slice super badly.

It looks like it's going to be a good time. I've enjoyed the 30 minutes I've played so far.

lowracks, I assume you have your 360 modded, do you play backups online and/or offline while connected to Live?

The last sentence went totally over my head. I haven't modded my xbox because I thought that would make it unable for me to play online. Is this true?

Also, going to start leveling up a custom character today, and start to get a feel for the game again since I haven't played Woods since 06.

ive got my guy leveled up to an average of 9 skill. i'm digging this game a lot and havent played since '04. every version that has come out for 360 has been shitty from my limited testing but this game fucking rocks. online play is fast and fun (only played 3 games) and the challenges arent too much of a hassle. i'm trying to level my guy up so he'll be competitive online and i'm probably going to try to get through a season.

gonna try and rent it to see if i like it.

i think it was the first or 2nd tiger woods for the xbox 360 that i tried and it really turned me off. There was so many things that just did not work. i will give the new one a try tho.

I did play the 3 hole demo, it looks much improved. It does seem a bit too easy though, and the last few years weren't exactly hard. Even on bad mishits with overpower shots I could hit the fairways.

They need to eliminate that rediculous ability to add spin in the air too. Online tournaments are being won by scores in the mid 40s for 18 holes.

I did play the 3 hole demo, it looks much improved. It does seem a bit too easy though, and the last few years weren't exactly hard. Even on bad mishits with overpower shots I could hit the fairways.

They need to eliminate that rediculous ability to add spin in the air too. Online tournaments are being won by scores in the mid 40s for 18 holes.

Agreed.

If you up the difficulty to TOUR PRO, it eliminates your ability to add power boost and spin to shots, and it also removes putt preview. It's a bit more challenging.

rented it and i like it... havent played online yet but im having fun doing My Career. I want to play the Online Simultaneous with some people i know so if you want to play hit me up gamertag is Travace of course

Also, does anyone else have trouble leveling up in the "Short Game" statistic? No matter how close I get to that damn pin it always goes down. For example, I was doing the Tiger Challenge where you have to get 2 birdies and 2 pars (at least) on 4 par 3's. I was about 1 inch away from acing 3 holes, and the other one was about 5 feet from the pin -- yet, my short game statistic plummeted a whole point.

What the fuck?

If I'm not mistaken, shots from the tee on short holes will effect your Accuracy status. I could be, but I believe that the Short Game attribute is effected only by very short range approach/recovery shots. It is by far my lowest attribute as well. I've come to this conclusion because I always drive the ball into the fairway and hit it up on the green. Also, when you were taking the shots with Hank during character creation, I think he said that Short Game was "all about recovery."

I have hit maybe one or two bunkers the entire time I've been playing the game and the same goes for hitting it into the rough. The balanced difficulty is a little too easy. Once I level my character completely, I think I will up the difficulty.

So, if you never hit the ball in the rough or the bunker, what good is the "Short Game" (recovery?) skill anyways?

Play any online yet? The simultaneous online looks like it should be fun.

Ah, well that would explain it. I thought it was for any shot that was inside 100 yards. Yeah, I don't hit into the rough or bunkers too often, so that might be it. I haven't played online with anyone but a few friends yet, so I'm not too sure what that's like. I'm still making my way through the Tiger Challenges and should play Daly sometime this evening. It's a good game. A lot of fun.

Back