[360] Drive not reading anything

Wildshot

Veteran XV
I've searched the xbox 360 threads but didn't see one about this, I plan to exchange tomorrow as this is the second time (I've had this for only two weeks) that this has happened. Are there any temporary fixes to this so I can use it tonight?

does it just sit at the dashboard? can you hear that the dvd is NOT spinning ?

this is exactly what happened to 2 of my 360's. dvd just stopped working. No red lights no error codes just sits at dashboard and when you try to play a dvd or a game in the drive it jsut sits there saying "reading" then goes back to "open tray

the new chips have been seen. Maybe you'll get one of those.

but probably a refurbished. :p

no he said hes gonna exchange it tomorrow so it sounds like hes taking it back to the store. you only get refubs if you buy one from somewhere like a gamestop ( but they have to disclose that info ) or you send yours back to MS.

ive sent all mine back to MS and thats why im on refurbished 360 # 3. I have to say tho this 3rd one is lasting longer then any of the other 3 that ive had including the first one that was not a refurb

microsoft does not freely repair your console after 1 year if it doesnt have red lights of death. you will have to pay 140 dollars for a new one. the more you know.

No, you just brick it intentionally to get the rrod error.

They even have video on youtube on how to do this.

no he said hes gonna exchange it tomorrow so it sounds like hes taking it back to the store. you only get refubs if you buy one from somewhere like a gamestop ( but they have to disclose that info ) or you send yours back to MS.

ive sent all mine back to MS and thats why im on refurbished 360 # 3. I have to say tho this 3rd one is lasting longer then any of the other 3 that ive had including the first one that was not a refurb

thanks for actually reading what he said for me. :)
2 weeks, that isn't a good sign. That means the crap hardware is still in stores.
My current one, 3rd, has been going pretty long tho I did get 3 red lights one time but restarting it fixed it and it hasn't happened since. 2-3 months or so.

Update: Store is out of stock :( I can't just return it becasue I got a package deal where I got money off a tv when bought with the xbox.

Back