[360] Armored Core 4: yay/nay?

Talamius

Veteran X
The same people responsible for Chromehounds (shitty reviews but fun online) did this game and I'm thinking of buying it. It seems to be following the Chromehounds pattern of reviews...anyone tried it yet?

chromhounds would still be a hit if they would have kept developing parts.

i was sad when i traded that in.

but i traded it in for ac4 which i will be picking up in a bit.

hopefully they will develope new parts for a longer duration than ch.

from the looks of the trailers its a chromehounds without the suck.

the one thing that got me about chromehounds is how slow it is. even with the fastest mech it still was the suck in that department.

i am going to make a sweeping generalization and say giant robot games of recent times, minus ZoE, are all suck

chromhounds would still be a hit if they would have kept developing parts.

i was sad when i traded that in.

but i traded it in for ac4 which i will be picking up in a bit.

hopefully they will develope new parts for a longer duration than ch.

When there was a decent sized TW squad playing Chromehounds was good times...as always it petered off though :/ I still have several million credits in Chromehounds if anyone still plays and needs $$.

I think I'll take the plunge and pick a copy up on the way home.

I loved the Armored core series so far (don't have 4 yet) and the biggest downsides to Chromehounds was the slow movement and having to add on parts to even jump.

When there was a decent sized TW squad playing Chromehounds was good times...as always it petered off though :/ I still have several million credits in Chromehounds if anyone still plays and needs $$.

I think I'll take the plunge and pick a copy up on the way home.

i was on that squad and it died out fast. i kept p[laying but i would never see any of the TW people playing so i dropped the squad and joined an active one. it was fun for a bit but then TDU came out and i stopped playing Chromehounds

If Chromehounds had a decent SP besides the training missions and more multiplayer options it probably would've lasted longer.

I'm thinking mechwarrior here.

first thing to realise is chromehounds was not ment to be a single player game. it's gradiose vision was that of an online world war with giant walking tanks. at it's peak it succeeded, and then started making parts through microtransactions. that too, succeeded, and for some reason they just stopped everything, even forum support for the game. it was like the developers got killed in their sleep or something.

the game had huge potential, too bad it dropped like a rock

I doubt it'll be anything special, it'll probably just be a few random missions set against AI opponents (like terrorist hunt in R6:V).

Back