3.1 PTR Patch Notes

I pulled the info I got off MMO champion, I still like it the best.

Paly stuff seems too good now, I am guessing the paladin community on the official forms is a bunch of whiny fucking bitches.

The entire community on the official forums is a bunch of whiny bitches. And what about the paladin changes seems too good now?

I am not certain on the theorycrafting but I'd see it as a slight nerf. The effect lasts 30 seconds, so you'd still need to refresh it.

Initially, you have to get a bleed on the target, rather than pre-empting the fight.

Well okay, but now it would seem HfB couldn't be used solo anymore. The only thing I can see that would be a bleed effect for a rogue is Hemo, and you can't get that and HfB. That would mean you would need someone else to apply a bleed effect before you can use it right? Most likely a warrior, a quick Rend would do it.

It looks to me like it almost pulled a 180. It's going from pop it anytime and if you're bleed it will attempt to cure you of it and give you energy to Bleed has to be on the target now to pop it and it won't cure any bleed effects on you.

Well okay, but now it would seem HfB couldn't be used solo anymore. The only thing I can see that would be a bleed effect for a rogue is Hemo, and you can't get that and HfB. That would mean you would need someone else to apply a bleed effect before you can use it right? Most likely a warrior, a quick Rend would do it.

It looks to me like it almost pulled a 180. It's going from pop it anytime and if you're bleed it will attempt to cure you of it and give you energy to Bleed has to be on the target now to pop it and it won't cure any bleed effects on you.

Hemo isn' a bleed effect. Garrote as opener or Rupture would do it.

It's why I said it's as light nerf, as any dps warr would have a DoT on there naturally through a crit, and throughout a bossfight, a feral drood, warr, or rogues would have constant bleeds on there. So it only affects start of fights.

edit: I also chuck a rend at the start of a fight too.

Last edited:
Mage

* Arcane Blast stacking effect is no longer considered a Magic effect and will not be dispelled.

FROST

* Improved Water Elemental: Renamed Enduring Winter. Instead of the Water Elemental increasing mana regeneration for the Mage's party, casting Frostbolt now has a 33/66/100% chance to provide the Replenishment buff to up to 10 people in the Mage's party or raid.
geez, frost is really pve viable now :lol:
And no survivability added to fire pvp spec.

so glad i swapped classes.

~5% dps nerf for shadowpriests unless dots get a bigger crit bonus (probably same dps as current or slight buff) or dots get rolled into shadow power (~9% dps buff).

Currently I'm only "OP" on shit like Faerlina where pestilence spreads Devouring Plague to all the adds for free DPS, everything else I may pull 4.5k dps but I'm still at the bottom of the damage meters.

I think the TG nerf is fine though. It may hurt today, but melee scales so well with weapons that in time they'll be just as OP as they are now. Plus it might make arms more attractive again which is a nice change since rogues never want to spec into the blood frenzy equivalent.

Hemo isn' a bleed effect. Garrote as opener or Rupture would do it.

It's why I said it's as light nerf, as any dps warr would have a DoT on there naturally through a crit, and throughout a bossfight, a feral drood, warr, or rogues would have constant bleeds on there. So it only affects start of fights.

edit: I also chuck a rend at the start of a fight too.

I completely forgot about Garotte and Rupture (that's how little I use them when leveling). I find it a bit odd hemo wouldn't be consider one though. Given hemorrhage actually means "bleeding or the abnormal flow of blood" (as per medical dictionary) but okay.

In groups when I'm on my rogue I usually dump rupture if I have 5 combos and not enough poison for an envenom yet. That's probably the wrong thing to do but I don't play my rogue much anymore (alliance FTL)

The entire community on the official forums is a bunch of whiny bitches. And what about the paladin changes seems too good now?

Some nerfs in there too, but these are decent changes.

-Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous *new* -- Your Hammer of the Righteous hits 1 additional target.

-Glyph of Divine Plea *new* -- While Divine Plea is active, you take 3% reduced damage from all sources.

-Glyph of Hand of Salvation *new* -- When you cast Hand of Salvation on yourself, it also reduces damage taken by 20%.

-Exorcism can now be used on all targets, but is now a guaranteed critical strike vs Undead and Demon type mobs.

-Judgement of Light now procs off spells as well. (Previously only "attacks" would trigger this)

-Improved Concentration Aura's (Tier 4) reduced silence/interrupt effect now works while any aura is active.
-Improved Devotion Aura (Tier 4) now increases the amount healed on any target affected by any of your Auras by 2%. (Previously only worked with Devotion Aura active)

-Blessing of Kings is now a baseline ability. Trainable at level 20.

-Shield of the Templar (Tier 10) no longer increases the damage of your Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield and Shield of Righteousness spells. Instead it gives your Avenger's Shield a 33/66/100% chance to silence targets hit by it for 3 sec.

-Guarded by the Light (Tier 9) now reduces spell damage taken by 3% and gives a 50% chance to refresh the duration of your Divine Plea when you hit an enemy. (Previously reduced the mana cost of your Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield and Shield of Righteousness spells by 15%.)

combine that changes to guarded by the light with -Glyph of Divine Plea *new* -- While Divine Plea is active, you take 3% reduced damage from all sources.

-Ardent Defender (Tier 7) is now a 3 point talent, reducing damage taken by 10/20/30%. (Previously was a 5 point talent)

-Sacred Duty (Tier 6) increases stamina by 4% now. (Previously was 3%)

-One-Handed Weapon Specialization is now a 3 point talent, increasing damage done with 1 handers by 4/7/10%. (Previously was a 5 point talent)

- Righteous Vengeance (Tier 10) is now a 3 point talent. When your Judgement and Divine Storm spells deal a critical strike, your target will take 10/20/30% additional damage over 8 sec. (Previously a 5 point talent)

-Fanaticism (Tier 8 ) is now a 3 point talent and now increases the critical strike chance of all Judgements capable of a critical hit by 6/12/18% and reduces threat caused by all actions by 10/20/30% except when under the effects of Righteous Fury. (Previously a 5 point talent)

Naxxramas

* The Chains of Kel'Thuzad will no longer reset the raid's threat.

Didn't research this, but thought it was a bug. Kept fucking reseting and people are looking at me like "wtf did you do."

I'm like nothing! I just stand there and take a beating and run through my rotations only.

I think the TG nerf is fine though. It may hurt today, but melee scales so well with weapons that in time they'll be just as OP as they are now. Plus it might make arms more attractive again which is a nice change since rogues never want to spec into the blood frenzy equivalent.

Our TG warriors are generally on top of the meters. With dual specs coming rogues/mages have to be on top imo, if only by a little bit.

I would only complain about the pally changes if it reinforced more people to roll retadins, but there's not much in there that would cater to that.

~5% dps nerf for shadowpriests unless dots get a bigger crit bonus (probably same dps as current or slight buff) or dots get rolled into shadow power (~9% dps buff).

Currently I'm only "OP" on shit like Faerlina where pestilence spreads Devouring Plague to all the adds for free DPS, everything else I may pull 4.5k dps but I'm still at the bottom of the damage meters.

It's not just a flat 10% reduction, and that's the problem. By reducing us 10% at swing value (which is what GC said he wanted to do) he completely hoses rage generation, which means our rotations are going to take a kick in the nuts. Even if they add the 10% damage buff to Berserking stance, we'll still be at a net 1% loss :/

i think its all going up, as opposed to down

single target we're getting slaughtered as a rule :(

What about malygos/saph though? I'm always near the top on those, pending no doomfires spawn

pally changes look great, appear to free up alot of talents for better stuff :D

Last edited:
I'm aware of the paladin changes. Some of them are more comfort changes than anything. Auras lasting through death?

Most of the new glyphs are not an improvement over what is being used now. I know my holy spec wont change besides my one free point. Debating over Loh/Shock/DP Spiritual attunement will be getting a nerf in a very near future for holy paladins.

Retribution will see an overall decrease in dps with the changes, especially in ulduar where mobs are likely giants. Slimming down trees is nice to free up points, but it seems like the Developers were on LSD when they did it. You can pick up all the Ret PvE/PvP talents and still have many left over. No real glyph upgrades for ret.

Protection got a few changes. Stamina buffs. The Hammer glyph is an upgrade. Divine Guardian nerfed to hell.

Overall the changes are lackluster, I feel worse for Ret paladins and the other classes that got hit with the bat.

i think its all going up, as opposed to down

single target we're getting slaughtered as a rule :(

What about malygos/saph though? I'm always near the top on those, pending no doomfires spawn
DPS will only go up if you had an insane amount of haste and a low crit% now (think Speakeasy if you know him, he's at nearly 500haste but only 15%crit - I'm at maybe 200haste and 23-24%crit).

Raidbuffed I'm at around 30%crit so all of my dots are ticking for an additional 30% (the ONLY reason I keep up some fights besides Sapph where I outrange most blizzards and everyone else has to move a lot), with these changes I lose 30% damage and have to rely on RNG to give me enough crits from dot ticks to make up for that loss. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting that 30% back unless something else is changed. Even if my critrate affects the chance for dots to crit, I'd still be better off stacking haste and going nuts with flay.

I'll see soon enough... I hate playing on PTR because there's no benefit to doing it (yay PVE practice...) but I'm sure we'll get on there and see how things go in the next week or two.

DPS will only go up if you had an insane amount of haste and a low crit% now (think Speakeasy if you know him, he's at nearly 500haste but only 15%crit - I'm at maybe 200haste and 23-24%crit).

Raidbuffed I'm at around 30%crit so all of my dots are ticking for an additional 30% (the ONLY reason I keep up some fights besides Sapph where I outrange most blizzards and everyone else has to move a lot), with these changes I lose 30% damage and have to rely on RNG to give me enough crits from dot ticks to make up for that loss. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting that 30% back unless something else is changed. Even if my critrate affects the chance for dots to crit, I'd still be better off stacking haste and going nuts with flay.

I'll see soon enough... I hate playing on PTR because there's no benefit to doing it (yay PVE practice...) but I'm sure we'll get on there and see how things go in the next week or two.

I'm at almost 600 haste and almost 16% crit :D I've always been a fan of haste, just due to all the movement in alot of fights now

How is ret getting nerfed? exorcism will still crit the same amount it currently does, its just a gurantee on undead mobs

You are guaranteed to be doing ~10% less damage going from Naxx->Ulduar.

- minus 3% from Crusade;
- minus ~5% from Righteous Vengeance and Fanaticism;
- minus 1% from Holy Wrath;
- minus 1% from Glyph of Sense Undead

# Fanaticism reduced to 3 ranks for 6/12/18% bonus and 10/20/30% threat reduction.
# Righteous Vengeance reduced to 3 ranks for 10/20/30%.

Slimming down talents is nice and I'm ok with balancing damage, however as others have said it feels a bit weird considering what was communicated to us has been the complete opposite (your damage is fine in Naxx, we want you to do the same on non-undead).

Further, I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve here with these changes specifically. These changes most heavily target Judgement damage which will result in a statistical reduction in Judgement damage overall, but in no way a reduction to Judgement burst. Judgements are still going to hit like a truck.

Back