2mg is helping nicely, lets try 3ccs

motoxbudd

Contributor
Veteran XV
i fucking hate this retarded shit. as if there wasnt enough dumbass shit in star trek. stupid fucking "doctor" bashir treating a jem hadar, says he dont know correct dosage. guesses aprox 10cc syringe may be enough for a year, so chooses to start him out at 2mg/min, in which case tube would be empty in 3.5 days (~100x guesstimated min dosage).

patient shows immediate reaction to dosage, so doctor says "ok, lets try 3ccs"!

wtf! so u started out with experimenting dosage 100x guesstimation, patient responds within seconds, so u crank up dosage another 1,500x ?!?! pumping entire contents of syringe, which you initially guesstimated could be enough for a full year, directly into patients carotid artery over a period of 3 fucking minutes!

:picard2:

So how do you convert cc to mg?

To convert from mass (milligrams; mg) to volume (cubic centimeters; cc), you need to know the density of the liquid. If we assume the density of your liquid is like water, then the conversion from ccs to grams is 1:1 because 1 gram of water is 1 cubic centimeter. By the way, a milliliter (ml) is the same as a cc.

Sounds about the same as a real life doctor.
They're just guessing anyway

i fucking hate this retarded shit. as if there wasnt enough dumbass shit in star trek. stupid fucking "doctor" bashir treating a jem hadar, says he dont know correct dosage. guesses aprox 10cc syringe may be enough for a year, so chooses to start him out at 2mg/min, in which case tube would be empty in 3.5 days (~100x guesstimated min dosage).

patient shows immediate reaction to dosage, so doctor says "ok, lets try 3ccs"!

wtf! so u started out with experimenting dosage 100x guesstimation, patient responds within seconds, so u crank up dosage another 1,500x ?!?! pumping entire contents of syringe, which you initially guesstimated could be enough for a full year, directly into patients carotid artery over a period of 3 fucking minutes!

:picard2:
how about you leave my nigga bashir alone and find some oter pathetic crap to whine about

fucking faggot

To convert from mass (milligrams; mg) to volume (cubic centimeters; cc), you need to know the density of the liquid. If we assume the density of your liquid is like water, then the conversion from ccs to grams is 1:1 because 1 gram of water is 1 cubic centimeter. By the way, a milliliter (ml) is the same as a cc.

exactly, so 2mg = .002cc

I may be one of the few that hated that fucking enhanced, at least in the earlier episodes.
Goddamned Bashir. He became bearable later on, I guess.

I may be one of the few that hated that fucking enhanced, at least in the earlier episodes.
Goddamned Bashir. He became bearable later on, I guess.
you fucking take that back

Bashir had an awesome character arc going from a wide-eyed graduate to a god damn war veteran, and every stage of it was fucking amazing

if you disagree you're wrong, it's been proven

exactly, so 2mg = .002cc

So the entirety of the medical establishment just assumes all liquid medicines are "roughly" the density of water? That seems both irresponsible and imprecise considering the substances are complex chemicals designed to operate on biological processes of equal or greater complexity?

u realize the scripts arent written by doctors, right?

that usually its written as <insert doctor/techno babble here> and some nerd fills it in later, and newsflash that guys not a doctor either

newsflash: "doctors" are illiterate and lazy and that is why they rely on cool doods like fngrbang 2 do all the real work for them

next moto will complain about how every technological problem on star trek was resolved by reversing the polarity of something

newsflash: "doctors" are illiterate and lazy and that is why they rely on cool doods like fngrbang 2 do all the real work for them

giphy.gif

Back