2019-nCoV

EzTHa4UVgAIYosL

*edit - apparently, this math problem broke the interweebs a while back.

The real question is whether the answer is 1 or 9 and if you know why there can be two answers :)

Was he in mesmerise or blacklance?
nono work friend. was very sad this week but the entire group video therapy helped.

was true that everyone immediately blamed themselves...like thought poisoning...but seeing everyone feel the same helped reassure everyone no one saw it coming.

The real question is whether the answer is 1 or 9 and if you know why there can be two answers :)

sigh.

The real answer being equivocal is not because math isn't wishy, it's because Western Europeans introduced the "Alt+0247" or obelus sign. You have no idea how many times I have rolled my eyes at this question as a teacher. (Were you one of my students?)
Gather round kids, you might learn something:

The problem with the obelus is there is no agreement on what it means as far as a ratio or a division. We have to agree that it means "a whole bunch of shit" divided by 2 OR we must agree that it means that we follow pemdas and do whatever division it asks of us last.
Americans are very frustrated with the obelus and this is a common "brainteaser" that Americans have difficulty with.

(It's not difficult)

nono work friend. was very sad this week but the entire group video therapy helped.

was true that everyone immediately blamed themselves...like thought poisoning...but seeing everyone feel the same helped reassure everyone no one saw it coming.

Leroy I'm very sad to hear that.
I doubt there is anything I can do. I'm sorry for your loss.

hi vanster one of my closest friends killed himself last weekend.

dont do that k

sorry to hear, pagy. remember the good times.

also, i would not like vanster to off himself, that would suck.

mitch, on the other hand... :shrug:

sigh.

The real answer being equivocal is not because math isn't wishy, it's because Western Europeans introduced the "Alt+0247" or obelus sign. You have no idea how many times I have rolled my eyes at this question as a teacher. (Were you one of my students?)
Gather round kids, you might learn something:

The problem with the obelus is there is no agreement on what it means as far as a ratio or a division. We have to agree that it means "a whole bunch of shit" divided by 2 OR we must agree that it means that we follow pemdas and do whatever division it asks of us last.
Americans are very frustrated with the obelus and this is a common "brainteaser" that Americans have difficulty with.

(It's not difficult)

Um, nobody had any difficulty tanto. The problem is just poorly written and can be interpreted in more than one way.

Back