2008 Lancer

I think it goes

Impreza < Lancer < Wrx < Evo = STI

(STI has more straightline speed but Evo corners better)

Getting a non-evo lancer seems like a waste of time. You're just getting a crappy mitsubishi at that point.

Getting a non-evo lancer seems like a waste of time. You're just getting a crappy mitsubishi at that point.
I agree with Fool on this. Hell, even the Evo is a crappy Mitsubishi, it's just a really, really fast crappy Mitsubishi. Not sure I'd recommend the Evo X at the moment though, 1st year for a complete re-design usually has tons of problems. Plus I like the way mine looks better. =\

:rofl:

The eclipse is a piece of shit, so was the 3000GT.

Mitsu has a great car in terms of reliability in their galant and I haven't seen to many lancers around town.

I had a low-end 99 eclipse for a while there... I LOVED that car, but yeah, the reliability was becoming suspect around 100k.

made me sad, too. started leaking oil like crazy and little things were just dying all over the place, had front-end issues....

THAT said, it was still 10x more reliable for the first 100k than any american car I've ever dealt with. :)

SO!

goes like this, as far as the "what would loop drive / reliability" scale goes.

Honda / Toyota, Subaru, Mitsu, VW, and then any american car of any sort.

I agree with Fool on this. Hell, even the Evo is a crappy Mitsubishi, it's just a really, really fast crappy Mitsubishi. Not sure I'd recommend the Evo X at the moment though, 1st year for a complete re-design usually has tons of problems. Plus I like the way mine looks better. =\

still don't have final 'evo x' pictures atleast from what i read in r&t this month

i think i'm going to trade in my wrx, thinking STI or EvoX, not sure which

Darth Vader is what I was thinking on the grill.

Buying a pre-owned Lexus wouldn't be a good idea, because the warranty would run out, and a kid trying to get a luxury car serviced doesn't work. BMW and Lexus are considered luxury cars and the dealer service centers expect people to pay any price to fix them (the snob factor).

I think the competing car in the sedan class would be the Mazda3.

I see, so Lancer=Impreza and Evo=WRX when it comes to comparisons?

The STi, not the plain WRX. And they're the same class except the evo will slaughter the shit out of an STi in pretty much anything. It handles better, its got a faster 1/4 mile, its got more room etc. Its just all around better. It kills every car in its class, from a 2.2 ( i think ) litre engine. It gets from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, has a top speed of 160-180 miles (Cant remember) etc.

Its awesome.

The STi, not the plain WRX. And they're the same class except the evo will slaughter the shit out of an STi in pretty much anything. It handles better, its got a faster 1/4 mile, its got more room etc. Its just all around better. It kills every car in its class, from a 2.2 ( i think ) litre engine. It gets from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, has a top speed of 160-180 miles (Cant remember) etc.

Its awesome.

Its awesome.

what a crock of shit. The X isn't out yet, but a) its a 2.0l (WRC compliant) w/ 300 ponies, the est acceleration is exactly on par with the WRX. Handling should be similar with previous gens (they've made it heavier but stiffened the chasis)

the NA STI is a 2.5l (japan JDM is 2.0l) with 320 or so hp,

the Evos are pieces of crap on the inside(think neon on the inside) STI has more luxury packages available or that will be available.

Last edited:
Back