2 Issues I'd Like Help With

ceand

Contributor
Veteran XX
One, I may have been key-logged recently, and non-format way of detecting/deleting? Running McAfee Virussan and Zone Alarm Pro 5 atm.

Two, I have 600 new emails(just today) of undeliverables.

I used to get one maybe every 2 months.

Virusscan, AdAware Pro and ZA5 found no infection.

Ideas?

Still keylogged. Verified.

Question on keylogging. they can only detect actual keypresses correct? So if I copy/paste text they see it as ctrl+c and ctrl+v, and can't get at the actual text?

Still digging to find it, as I am in no mood to reformat, not even knowing which drive it's on.

Also, it's only seeking out my Bnet passwords. I verified keylogging by choosing a near unguessable password, and had no failed log-ins prior to my shit disappearing(again).

Found a program called I-Hate-Keyloggers that claims to disallow any secondary transport of typed commands, might try that.

Save for the massive amounts of file monitoring software packages out there, is there a program that will look at all OUTGOING network traffic, especially anything going to an IP address that I am currently NOT working with? IE, 1.2.3.4 is getting something from me, but that IP is not active in any browser window, game program etc.

Thanks again for reading. It's just pixels, but it's frustrating.

Ceand, the program you should be scanning with when it comes to keyloggers is Pest Patrol.

However, CA recently changed/scraped this program in favor of a shitty interface that's not as efficient or as effective.

If you need a copy of the 15 day trial of CA Pest Patrol, PM me an E-mail address and I'll send it.

Looks like that found it. Hidden in an .ico file in Mirc. Watchful eyes is what it was called.

Here's to hopeing thats all it was.

Back