2 different installs?

elton

Veteran X
I dont know if it has been answered yet, but will there be 2 differents installs for TV?
I mean 1 for single player, and another for multiplayer?
I'm not saying that I wont play the single player part, but I'd really like to save some disk space once I've finished it.

A computer that plays T:V reasonably well will have plenty of HD space by default. If not, go spend $70 and pick up an 80GB hard drive.

I wouldn't imagine that SP would add much bulk to MP - maybe some maps and voice packs. Even in a very extreme case, those wouldn't amount to much more than a couple hundred megs. Cutscenes would add a lot of bulk, but they are generally an install option.

This is Tribes we're talking about - it takes priority over all other games!

Even though I love Tribes and it's online multiplayer, I will defiantely start out going through the Single Player.

I did with T1 and T2 as well as all other games. It helps even a veteran learn some basic stuff, get a feel for what's going on.

I may not spend 3 weeks on Single Player and avoid Multiplayer. But I'm almost certain I'll spend atleast a few hours going through the first few levels of SP T:V. :)

Virtus said:
I wouldn't imagine that SP would add much bulk to MP - maybe some maps and voice packs. Even in a very extreme case, those wouldn't amount to much more than a couple hundred megs. Cutscenes would add a lot of bulk, but they are generally an install option
rofl.

However, there's no reason for a multiplayer install to require CD keys if players are created like in T2. So it could be nice to have the extra freedom there. For instance, it seems to me that if it requires a CD key to install it will need registry entries which means you can't just copy/paste the directories around (a great feature of t2).

Back