2.1.0 Patch Notes

mages got hit fairly hard.
Debuff on Ice Block (good move, but a hard nerf to frost mages in pvp)
Counterspell length shortened to 8 from 10, but also reduced cooldown to 24s from 30 (good move, promotes skill)

Edited out reference to poly being nerfed since it's a nerf on MOB-CASTED poly, not player casted Poly.

Last edited:
Nether Drake

The Netherwing faction and quest line continues and the long awaited Nether Drake becomes available. The Nether Drake is a special 280% speed epic flying mount that is obtainable through solo and small-group play. The quest to obtain one will be difficult, but the reward will surely show your dedication to the Netherwing cause as you soar through the skies of Outland on your very own ethereal drake.

nice

edit= just readin thru the patch notes..they really did alot for this one..

Last edited:
I really don't like how Blizz puts so much shit into a single patch. Tons of those bug fixrd could've been pushed in with those little 2mb patches we've had.

mages got hit fairly hard.
Poly reduced to 8 seconds in dungeons (Too short, imo)
Debuff on Ice Block (good move, but a hard nerf to frost mages in pvp)
Counterspell length shortened to 8 from 10, but also reduced cooldown to 24s from 30 (good move, promotes skill)

i dont see the polymorph part.... and 10/30 cs to 8/24 isnt really a nerf... depends on how you see it i guess.

the only one is the iceblock debuff, but that depends on how often you coldsnap after iceblock in order to iceblock again.

as a druid, i don't see too much to whine about

i like the profession additions though for each profession

Screenshots captured using the Print Screen key are now saved in JPG format
bought fucking time

^i do too - just never understood why they had them default to some random ass .tga extension in the first place

and the coolest shit in patch notes is alwasy in the MISC/end section

# Players will now be able to access the "Looking For Group Channel" by joining the "Looking For Group/Looking for More" tool.
# Using abilities and casting spells that cannot be used while mounted will now auto-dismount players as needed. This can be disabled by turning off the auto-dismount option in the UI options.
# Spells that have reagent costs will show the number of uses left in the lower right corner of the action icon, just like consumable items on the action bar.
# Holding down the shift key while mousing over an equippable item that you can use will now show you the tooltip for the item you currently have equipped in that slot as well (much like how the auction house currently works).
# The network performance meter now shows framerate and how much memory AddOns are using.
# You can socket items while in flight.
# When consuming reagents or using items on the action bar, smaller stacks will be used before larger stacks.
# Players who feign death no longer appear dead to party and raid members and friendly spells will not be interrupted.
# Sending item links with invalid enchantments will disconnect you.
# Equippable items displayed as quest rewards will always show you the tooltip of the item you are currently wearing in that slot.
# The area of interest while on a flight path is farther along the path instead of in front of you.
# Your current target will now display all of the duration based spells that you have cast on them with cooldown rings so you will know how much longer they will last. Very useful for warlock damage over time spells and druid healing over time spells as well as many others.
# Raid Windows now remember their position in the gamefield between sessions.
# A Main tank and Main assist window have been added to the raid UI that can be pulled out into the gamefield. These windows automatically show the main tank/main assist's target by default.
# Profession UI now has a search field. Text that is entered into the search field searches against item names, reagent names and item levels (if you include a level). For instance you can type "Peace" into the search field to see all of your recipes that use Peacebloom, or type in "20-30" to see all of you level 20-30 recipes. This search field only appears once you have more than 75 skill in your profession.
# Profession UI now has a checkbox that allows you to search by only items that you have the materials to make.
# Active corpses or objects (ones with loot on them) now can be selected and looted, even if they are underneath another corpse that does not have loot on it.
# While flying or swimming the 'X' key will now make you move down.
# Hunter Pets now display their spell damage bonus on the pet pane. The actual effect will nearly always be less than the bonus listed as it depends on the bonus coefficient of the spell the pet is using.
# Hunters now have a UI option "Auto Attack/Auto Shot" that if turned off means that the hunter will not automatically switch between ranged attack and melee attack difficulty when the range changes.
# Party members will no longer see a hunter who is feigning death as actually dead.
# Shamans are now a darker blue in the raid UI so they have a more distinct color.

All these little things that blizzard does that i love. Half of those alone get rid of of like half of my mods i have. Love it.

Last edited:
Less shadow weaving, SW: D cooldown increased (why?) and VT now consumes our armor buff? Erm, I'm not understanding the logic here.

Less shadow weaving, SW: D cooldown increased (why?) and VT now consumes our armor buff? Erm, I'm not understanding the logic here.

inner focus not inner fire.

edit: I don't get the ice block nerf, so you blew a 10 min (or 8) CD to double ice block...

Under Dungeons and Raid is the polymorph nerf:
# "Silence" spell duration has been changed from 6 to 5 seconds.
# "Polymorph" spell duration has been changed from 20 seconds to 8 seconds.

Unless the above is NPC mobs.

Last edited:
Back