2.0 Performance Issues?

Rho

Veteran XV
Basically my fps is down ~20 across the board, especially bad when in groups. Is this something other people are noticing, or is it just a coincidence that it happened right after the new patch.

How many times have you just installed the new patch over top of the old one? My girlfriend was having the same problem. I took a look at her wow install file and it was something like 21GB :lol:

I am not sure if this was the cause.. i told her to uninstall it and reinstalled it since the patch fucked over the mods. she did and she was at a very respectable frame rate.

Blue mentioned in the small patch ~3 weeks before 2.0 that some people would experience a small performance hit.

Small my ass.

I used to run at full graphics, 45 FPS, in a busy 40man raid. I now have to turn my graphics all the way down to break 15 fps in a raid setting.

wtb fix

Yeah, I went from 30 avg to 55 avg in raid.

I think it had a lot to do with what mods I was using before.

Get rid of CT. It's become the PJs of WoW.

I run a ton better in beta/2.0 than I did on old live, but like GWAF, I think that's largely due to the fact that I'm running "clean" in 2.x

Someone posted this on our private forum:

Add this to a macro:

/script if not _clickfixed then __xps=PlaySound; function PlaySound(snd) if (snd~="igCharacterInfoTab") then __xps(snd); end end _clickfixed=1; end

and hit it once a login. No more nonstop clicking in raid.

For fps increase:
Create a WDB directory under your Cache directory. Then create an enUS directory under there so it looks like:

..\Cache\WDB\enUS\

From wow forums

Someone posted this on our private forum:

Add this to a macro:

/script if not _clickfixed then __xps=PlaySound; function PlaySound(snd) if (snd~="igCharacterInfoTab") then __xps(snd); end end _clickfixed=1; end

and hit it once a login. No more nonstop clicking in raid.

For fps increase:
Create a WDB directory under your Cache directory. Then create an enUS directory under there so it looks like:

..\Cache\WDB\enUS\

From wow forums

Yeah, I did this too last night.

made a big difference.

Last edited:
I've never used any mod except CTRaid since it was required by guild, and still noticed a considerable performance increase with the patch/beta.

I'm fairly certain the WDB folder thing actually made a difference.

I don't have a raid tonight, but just running around my frame-rate is up into the high 60s and 70s.

Also saw increased performance on my two installs. I did delete all addons prior to patching though. It's a patch ritual I have since most of the time addons end up screwing things up after big patches. Needless to say everything runs a lot faster than before and I even reinstalled a few mods without much of a hit. Many UI features are more streamlined now which can either slow you down because of mods you have installed or speed you up because of no/new mods.

not sure if this has been mentioned, but

http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2131

Previous to this patch 2.0, players had a wdb file, that contained a cache of items/mobs/etc. In 2.0 Blizzard moved it. It should be in the new Cache folder, but mine wasnt. I manually added a WDB, then an enGB folder into the cache folder (Cache\WDB\enGB) and my framerate went up, my network traffic went down, and I got a bunch of cache files put into that folder by the wow client.

By creating a WDB folder inside your Cache folder, and then enGB folder (\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enGB); your enGB folder will get populated with:

creaturecache.wdb
gameobjectcache.wdb
itemcache.wdb
itemnamecache.wdb
itemtextcache.wdb
npccache.wdb
pagetextcache.wdb
questcache.wdb
wowcache.wdb

Back