[1997] Internet Fail [Help!]

Meat

Veteran XV
So lately, two things have been happening at the same time which seem fucking absurd. For starters, I will name ISPs:

Verizon FiOS
Verizon Mobile (Droid X)

For the past 2.5-3 weeks I have been having my FiOS and VzMobile stop working at the same time.

FiOS will display a select few websites such as google and facebook while not displaying others such as tribalwar and weather.com.

At the same time, the internet service on my phone stop working.

Just now, I reset the tower and did a hard reset, using the reset button on the back, of my router. After the reset, my FiOS displayed again, as well as the net on my phone.

This is not a one time occurance, this is 2-3 times a week for the past 2.5-3 weeks.

Uh what?

Are you using the FiOS via WiFi on your Droid X? I had the weirdest problem one time where my cable modem would drop all connections at a certain time almost every single day.

Turned out there was a loose connection outside and that certain time of day was when the cable modem would resend its authentication packets that would just time out. Cinched that connection up and have not had a problem since. I did have to call the cable company to do it though.

I had this happen to me to with BT. Every night at 12 they would just shut off the internet. It pissed me off because i would be waiting for hockey all night and boom down it went. Phoned up the internet provider and gave them a load of verbal abuse, and it suddenly stopped happening

:shrug:

I am not using WiFi for my droid at home. I did call them a few weeks ago, gave them a bunch a shit, and they gave me the typical "we dont know" "reset your BS" "release IP" routine.

Keep calling about it. Of course my company sent someone out, no questions asked, the same day. :shrug:

SOme sites work, others don't? DNS?

Try switching your router to use OpenDNS. Not sure what you can do for your phone.

I have a secure wifi conn, and home network but when my non secure neighbors get online I lose connection why in the fuck is that?

Back