10 Year old Boy argues with sister... then shoots her in face with shotgun.

is that your way of saying you were wrong? don't make stupid and incorrect statements if you don't expect them to be challenged and/or corrected. it's that plain and simple. it reduces your credibility, whether or not it's germane to the topic at hand. is that so difficult to understand?

yeah i attempted to show i wasn't liberal by pointing out the fact that i don't vote

it wasn't a cohesive argument, nor was it even an argument

but retards like you probably take everything to be a debate, for god knows what reason

i'm not even going to respond to the argumentative schtick that you have. it's pretty boring arguing semantics

You joined this argument willingly by asking me if I can deny that this would've happened had there not been a gun in the house. The truth is, I have no idea if it would've happened. For all we know the kid would've beat his sister with a 2x4, or stabbed her with a knife, or thrown her down the stairs... or perhaps nothing would've happened.

What difference does it make? What was your argument in the first place besides suggesting that we shouldn't have guns in the household?

not to mention it's a lose-lose situation according to your whole "argument" right?

if i argue back, then you've suckered me into fucking drivel

if i don't, i'm wrong by default and despite the fact that it's not applicable to the topic at hand, it "drops my credibility"

science experiments, fishing, fun out in an open field (maybe invent a bombing range for all i care)

have you ever heard of new years or july 4th?

i think the world would benefit more from the intelligence of a child prodigy who learns to create incendiary devices far more than some redneck who knows how to put together a pistol

And exactly in WHICH of those situations would you use a pipebomb? Do you even know what a pipebomb is?

Many things. You're goind down a road to nowhere... I don't understand how you got suckered into arguing for/against bombs.

Making your own bombs is illegal. Period.

Ownings guns, for some folks, is legal. Period.

Pipebombs are anti-personell devices. They have no other purpose. Thats like saying 'well i have many uses for a claymore mine.' no you dont, it has one purpose, anti-personell.

You joined this argument willingly by asking me if I can deny that this would've happened had there not been a gun in the house. The truth is, I have no idea if it would've happened. For all we know the kid would've beat his sister with a 2x4, or stabbed her with a knife, or thrown her down the stairs... or perhaps nothing would've happened.

What difference does it make? What was your argument in the first place besides suggesting that we shouldn't have guns in the household?

do you, amram, juggs, and invar realize i'm talking to 3 different people? you guys are quoting posts on a different line of thought and you point out that they aren't on the same line of thought.

and who said i had an argument to begin with? what makes you think this is being advertised on C-SPAN and thus everything has to be an argument, polarized liberal or conservative, democrat or republican?

i don't see how you can argue that the same thing would have happened in the house if the gun weren't there

can you? yes or no?

Pipebombs are anti-personell devices. They have no other purpose. Thats like saying 'well i have many uses for a claymore mine.' no you dont, it has one purpose, anti-personell.

we all know you keep your gun for house safety in the rare chance that a moose comes through your window.

i have to shower, i have an exam in an hour

btw, like i mentioned before i don't give a flying fuck whether or not you have a gun in your house. you guys take everything way too personally.

yeah i attempted to show i wasn't liberal by pointing out the fact that i don't vote

it wasn't a cohesive argument, nor was it even an argument

but retards like you probably take everything to be a debate, for god knows what reason

i'm not even going to respond to the argumentative schtick that you have. it's pretty boring arguing semantics

some people can't even admit they were wrong without turning it into some "yeah, i was wrong, but you're still a putz, wah" pseudo-admission.

i was contributing quite happily to the subject matter, but the first and last point i addressed about 10 year old kids not breaking into safes was sort of ignored by you. last i checked, you still think that 10 year old kids are capable of picking locks. i'm sure you're right - that some actually are, but by far, most aren't. and besides that fact, if there is a gun in the house, a responsible parent should be educating his kid about the dangers of that gun, so that the kid won't even bother trying to get into the safe.

a huge portion of the blame in this case lies with the parents.

Poorly tended household is the problem, not the gun being in the house.

Father left shotgun and shells out for ready access.
Child is on medication, but was not taking it.
Incident has happened before, but weapon was not loaded or fired.
Shot his sister over a bag of chips.

If that doesn't ring of serious fucking issues within not just the 10 year old, but the entire family, then you're fucking retarded.

As usual these kinds of threads degrade into shouting matches caused by people who have a fundamental lack of understanding about firearms. My family has a long history with guns. Grandfather was a police officer. Family going back to the great-great-great level were hunters. I have many heirloom guns handed down through the generations. Even my sister owns a gun and has been through CCW. Our family has never had a gun related incident. Why? Because from a very early age we are taught to respect firearms. We are taught how to operate and maintain them. Safety is drilled in constantly. by doing so the gun is removed from the "toy" mindset to a "tool" that must be respected at all times. The training helped keep all the kids in the family safe by eliminating the "look what I found in the back of daddy's closet" accident potential.

I realize that not everyone demystifies guns to their children or gives them the proper training on top of proper storage of all firearms. This leads to accidents and is the parents fault. The situation in the story as described is also the parents fault. The gun had nothing to do with the situation. It is a tool like any other that in this situation the child used to focus his rage. He could have easily picked up a knife, or a baseball bat, or shovel to do the same thing. In a free society with the protections granted and the assumed responsibility of our actions or lack thereof you cannot punish everyone for a few peoples mistakes. Life is not 100% safe and you cannot regulate it to be so.

As usual these kinds of threads degrade into shouting matches caused by people who have a fundamental lack of understanding about firearms. My family has a long history with guns. Grandfather was a police officer. Family going back to the great-great-great level were hunters. I have many heirloom guns handed down through the generations. Even my sister owns a gun and has been through CCW. Our family has never had a gun related incident. Why? Because from a very early age we are taught to respect firearms. We are taught how to operate and maintain them. Safety is drilled in constantly. by doing so the gun is removed from the "toy" mindset to a "tool" that must be respected at all times. The training helped keep all the kids in the family safe by eliminating the "look what I found in the back of daddy's closet" accident potential.

I realize that not everyone demystifies guns to their children or gives them the proper training on top of proper storage of all firearms. This leads to accidents and is the parents fault. The situation in the story as described is also the parents fault. The gun had nothing to do with the situation. It is a tool like any other that in this situation the child used to focus his rage. He could have easily picked up a knife, or a baseball bat, or shovel to do the same thing. In a free society with the protections granted and the assumed responsibility of our actions or lack thereof you cannot punish everyone for a few peoples mistakes. Life is not 100% safe and you cannot regulate it to be so.

well said

this is the best post in the thread

Back