$10 to whoever can solve this [Microsoft Office]

Top Gun

Veteran X
I have a great respect for the breadth of knowledge encompassed by the members of this forum and I think if anyone could solve this it would be Tribalwar.

I have a very strange bug in Microsoft Office that I have not been able to figure out and I will happily pay $10 via Chase Quickpay to whoever solves this first:

I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1 on a Dell Vostro using Microsoft Office 2010. I am working in India and all the settings on Region and Language are set to English (United States) including currency set to $. In addition, in Microsoft Office the language is set to English (United States)

However, inside any Microsoft Office 2010 application including Word, Outlook, and Excel whenever I press Shift + 4 ($), a dollar sign ($) does not appear, instead the newly invented symbol of the Indian Rupees appears (really it just got an invented a year or two ago.)

It's extremely frustrating because its messing up my emails and all my documents by putting this weird Indian Rupees symbol instead of the American $. This is only a problem in Microsoft Office. Thank you for reading this far and any help you are able to offer.

Please see a screenshot:

ODkWH.jpg

I'm guessing it's your fonts.

Open up Character Map (charmap.exe) and try pasting the dollar sign in the font you're using in Word or whatever.

Under Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> Details -> Installed services make sure English is there and Keyboard is "US". Sidenote this is where you can play around with dvorak keyboard layouts.

I'm guessing it's your fonts.

Open up Character Map (charmap.exe) and try pasting the dollar sign in the font you're using in Word or whatever.

Yeah your right, the font calibri has had the dollar $ replaced by the Rupees. How do i change this on the character map. How do I get my $ symbol back?

Yeah your right, the font calibri has had the dollar $ replaced by the Rupees. How do i change this on the character map. How do I get my $ symbol back?

You don't. The font has been overwritten on the system. Your only alternative is to use a different font, or find a US version of the Calibri font and install it in the Fonts folder.

You can keep your $10. ;)

Back