Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Launches Tomorrow for $299

Its pretty sweet, there are a few bugs but that is to be expected with a new phone on a new OS.

Verizon is also working on a fix for the weak radio. I can't get 4g inside my office while others with droid phones can.

signed up w/google wallet on my nexus to get the 10$ free. gonna go pump 10$ of free gas.

battery life is weak on this shit. but theres a wifi bug (was?) and lte is on, hoping w/o these 2 i can get solid battery life out.

it needs a smart lte witch to manually turn lte on/off w/o going into settings like you do now.

Go get the extended battery, it should still be on sale for $25 and it hardly adds any bulk.

also i dont know what i'd do without my physical keys (menu, home, back, search)

i think id want my next phone to have those

Verizon is also working on a fix for the weak radio. I can't get 4g inside my office while others with droid phones can.

AnandTech - Investigating the Galaxy Nexus LTE Signal Issue

Basically the bars you see on the top of your phone usually show your EVDO reception, NOT your LTE reception. The Galaxy Nexus currently shows your true LTE reception.

Verizon is going to fix it to show the EVDO reception again to make people stop crying. But basically it shows the truth now and you'll just be getting inflated bars later. :shrug:

Has anyone experienced this?

So I have Wifi on, and am in a hotspot using the wifi. When I go out of range of that hot spot, my phone just will not get back on to 3g/4g without me interfering somehow. I need to turn off wifi, shut down all apps using the internet, and sometimes toggle air plane mode on/off. It's a pretty big pain in the ass.

when you say, 'phone will not get back on 3g/4g/ without interfering', what do you mean?

what happens before you do anything?
is your wifi symbol up? if its up, is it gray or blue?
did you mess with the wifi sleep behavior in settings?

my gs2 had a prob similar to this for a bit. more detail and maybe i can fail at helping you with some shitty advice that will go nowhere,

Its pretty sweet, there are a few bugs but that is to be expected with a new phone on a new OS.

new radios are up, ek04 and ek06, if you want to manually install them.
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/2...4-radios-and-bootloader-for-the-galaxy-nexus/

mine updated to 4.0.2 but still uses ek03/05.

Q: i dont want to lose all my apps + settings, but i have to root this bitch. whats the best way to backup this shit without root user?
i have Titanium backup purchased, but that doesnt work w/o root does it? and since all memory is wiped + no sd option, ill have to offload to computer anyway, so should i use this ICS backup thing? or will that backup the full unrooted image, and not the apps specifically? best solution to backup before root? after which i can Ti+CWM.

Last edited:
AnandTech - Investigating the Galaxy Nexus LTE Signal Issue

Basically the bars you see on the top of your phone usually show your EVDO reception, NOT your LTE reception. The Galaxy Nexus currently shows your true LTE reception.

Verizon is going to fix it to show the EVDO reception again to make people stop crying. But basically it shows the truth now and you'll just be getting inflated bars later. :shrug:

Yes but in my case this has nothing to do with me. I actually have no 4g in places that other phones do have it and i drop data connections

also i dont know what i'd do without my physical keys (menu, home, back, search)

i think id want my next phone to have those

You really won't notice it much or miss them. I got the Nexus last week and totally love this phone.

is there a real car dock yet or is it still the bullshit, mislabeled, incorrectly starred one?

been using the phone. I like it. The battery sure does drain fast though. I can't get my gmail in push, either!

Wtf! >.>;

I think i am going to switch from the gmail app to the default email app and set it up like I had my iphone. Might work better?

Back