Obama clarifies his "Grandmother" comment.

Ianboo

Veteran-4
Breitbart.tv » Obama: Grandmother a ‘Typical White Person’ Who Fears People She Doesn’t Know

"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. But she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know. . .there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way."

:shrug:

edit - unchopped up quote. ty Gallium:

"she is extremely proud the point i was making was not that my grandma harbors any racial animosity,she doesnt, but she is a typical white person, who if she sees somebody on the street that she doesnt know there is a reaction that is bred into our experiences that dont go away and sometimes come out in a wrong way, that is the nature of race in our society, we have to break through it, and what makes me optimistic is that each new generation is feeling a little less like that"

Last edited:
the quote is butchered, listen to the clip

"she is extremely proud the point i was making was not that my grandma harbors any racial animosity,she doesnt, but she is a typical white person, who if she sees somebody on the street that she doesnt know there is a reaction that is bred into our experiences that dont go away and sometimes come out in a wrong way, that is the nature of race in our society, we have to break through it, and what makes me optimistic is that each new generation is feeling a little less like that"

plus if the avg reactionary tdubbian is anything like the right wingers I know in real life, than fear of the gangbanger negronian on the street is real and ridiculing black people in general is a coping mechanism

He made a lot of quotes in that speech that could easily be taken out of context if they were given as sound bites.

This is why I wanted to listen to the full radio show about Bill O'Rlys "racist" comments. He got mucked up by the same thing because people would not investigate the full context of what he was saying.

I swear to god you guys are a bunch of pussies. Suck it up, the typical white person is scared of a black guy walking down the street. It's not because of the additional melanin in their skin, it's because we know what the statistics are.

He's fucking granting that it's a normal way to respond given the facts. Man, conservatives sure like to act like liberals offend easily, but you guys are a bunch of fucking pussies.

Back