ET:TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOD

Veteran X
Enemy Territory: Tribal Wars

If this mod was to be created what would you put in it? What gametypes, what weapons, what vehicles, what turrets what armors, wtf?

:worried:

I'll be honest ZOD: Make it as close to T1 as possible. Minimal vehicle/transport use. Vehicles should never be a replacement for skiing. I guess I didn't mind the scout accept for the flag bug, but I don't want a bunch of them flying around instead of lights and heavies. Eff tanks, not needed.

I don't know what changes you could put in, but I'd prefer the core game to stay the same.

I'll be honest ZOD: Make it as close to T1 as possible. Minimal vehicle/transport use. Vehicles should never be a replacement for skiing. I guess I didn't mind the scout accept for the flag bug, but I don't want a bunch of them flying around instead of lights and heavies. Eff tanks, not needed.

I don't know what changes you could put in, but I'd prefer the core game to stay the same.
Yeah, T1 was such a cool gameplay accident, we need to design more accidents like that.

:rolleyes:

Gametypes: CTF, Rabbit and Deathmatch, with an eye towards Team Rabbit in a future release. I don't think Tribes movement adds enough to Siege or C&H style games that it would draw fans of those gametypes away from the ET:QW base game.

Weapons: I don't have much of a head for this, the T2 weapons seem fine to me. Drop the ELF and combine blaster and plasma or drop them altogether.

Packs: Drop ammo and combine SJ and Cloak

Vehicles: Probably best to leave them out. Mods face tremendous difficulties in being completed, and a simpler Tribes is better than no Tribes.

Plasma was great for base raping in light/medium w/ shield pack on Broadside/Blastside though. Used the Elf to mess up jet pack reliant cappers on the maps with no Elf turrets. Used the blaster on spawn to tick off stationary, spamming heavies w/ ammo pack. Where would the scout explosion boost cap be without it? (or whatever you called it)

Sure, they have uses. But you have to keep a mod simple to raise the (very low) chance of it being completed.

Weee. And it looks smoother than anything TV. I Haven t played the beta, but is this type of skiing actually possible in the current incarnation of the game? Wow.

Last edited:
Gametypes: Capture the Flag, and Deathmatch

Armour: Light, Medium, and Heavy

Weapons: Disc Launcher, Shocklance, Chaingun, Plasma Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Laser Rifle, Rocket Launcher (Dumb-Fire: Standard, Lock-On: Vehicles), Fusion Mortar, and Targeting Laser

Vehicles: Shrike

Packs: Energy, Shield, Repair, Sensor Jammer, and Cloak

Turrets: Plasma, Anti-Air, and Fusion Mortar

Grenades: Explosive

Mines: Explosive

Deployables: Turret, Inventory Station, Pulse Sensor, and Motion/Visibility Sensor

Last edited:
I'll create a T1 map for it to test. Prob keep it extremely simple..I mean the weapons and models for a test run. Looking at that youtube vid tho it kinda reminds me of T:V, but I'll give it a whirl.

I'd say just for now simply put jetpacks on everybody, modify a gun to a disc launcher and a CTF/DM gametype. Dont make it into Tribes, but let it have strong Tribes elements. Let everybody be involved. If and when the mod feels "right" possibly put in new models and start actually modding.

t1 vehicles and weapons (except elf), maybe toss some kind of armament on the APC and give it enough speed & armor to warrant use. t1-style physics, modified a bit for qw

t2-style ELF

t1 era gametypes
d&d
c&h
ctf
arena

...daydreaming

p.s. everyone really hates the ELF huh. weak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back