TRIBES 1 $ LADDER? Its possible...

sKILLz

Veteran XX
If Tribes had a prize for first place each month would teams come back and play?

I remember when T2 started, if you held first place for a month you won $10,000, or was it $1000?. Anyways it was something like that. I think this is part of the reason why T2 started out so strong- the thought of winning $ to play a game. This kept quite a few teams on the ladder in the early months of the release. I remember TF_ held it for the first month.

So my question to everyone is, if Tribes had a prize that was worthy would teams come back and play? It could be something as simple as $50 bucks to each member of the #1 team-monthly. Now if we set up a system were every member puts in $10-$20 ( sorta like WoW and pay-2-play games) bucks a month we could have a pay to play Tribes 1 ladder.

Say the ladder has 50 teams on it. Each team has a average of 14 players. At $10 bucks a month that is $140 from 1 team. Now $140 x 50 = $7000! So at just $10 bucks a month from each player, and just 50 teams on the ladder we can generate ruffly $7000 a month! Now we can use this $ to host servers, pay out the #1 team, mabye even the top 3 teams some sort of prize. TRD could use his connections and mabye get us hardware for cheaper through TWL. TribalWar could do similar things...

My point is this: Almost all new games cost $ to play per month. In a few years almost every game that is multiplayer will cost $ to play. At least $10 bucks a month. What if we could do the same system with Tribes? What is $10 bucks a month? Fuck all really. Fuck all to play the best game ever- with rewards.

Now the final question is this: Is the game still fun? Is the game still challenging? I believe so. If the right teams, players and people took part I think the game could be once again thrilling. For as little as $10 dollars a month we could have a fun ladder that rewards the winning teams with $ and prizes.

After see'ing the Legacy movie it has really made me want to play COMP tribes again. Needing to draw people back is key- what better than $.

PS- Even if we had 30 teams on the ladder with a average of 14 players @ $10 bucks per member the total $ montly would = $4200.... Thats more than enough to pay out the top 3 teams. If the #1 team split that between 14 players each member would earn $300.00 a month.

What is 10 bucks? Or $120 YEARLY? Fuck all. You could make back that in 1 month of being #1...

Thoughts? Was just a idea...

meh... you would need a tourney of the top 10 teams for first prize... ladder competition is so lame when it comes to challenging...

TWL admins would review demoes like they did in the later stages of Tribes. Cheating wouldnt be a factor, teamwork has always prevailed.

But there wouldn't be 50 teams because only the best teams would join. If you knew you couldn't beat the top teams you wouldn't spend the $10 to join the ladder.

sKILLz said:
TWL admins would review demoes like they did in the later stages of Tribes. Cheating wouldnt be a factor, teamwork has always prevailed.
the irony of this post, on the other hand, should not go unnoticed

Violent said:
meh... you would need a tourney of the top 10 teams for first prize... ladder competition is so lame when it comes to challenging...

Care to explain more?

You meaning waiting to challenge is lame? Well if the TOP 3 spots earned prizes the challenge for #1 wouldnt be so important.

systemflux said:
But there wouldn't be 50 teams because only the best teams would join. If you knew you couldn't beat the top teams you wouldn't spend the $10 to join the ladder.

very good point

even when the ladder was made up of 100 teams, there were only really about 15 contenders

FireStorm! said:
the irony of this post, on the other hand, should not go unnoticed

O firestorm get over it already will you?

Fucking grow up already, almost everyone that played tribes in 2000 has, why are you taking so long?

O ya thats right, you lost to me ALL THE TIME.

sKILLz said:
O firestorm get over it already will you?

Fucking grow up already, almost everyone that played tribes in 2000 has, why are you taking so long?

O ya thats right, you lost to me ALL THE TIME.
lol

yes

i lost to "you"

Savage v2.0 said:
nobody plays tribes and its fuckin free, who is gonna want to pay. you stupid fucking faggot

Why do people play anything? For fun.

Why would people play? To win $? Fun? Lots of reasons.

systemflux said:

I dont agree. I think if the chance to win $ and play the best game ever was there, people would try.

Even if the ladder had 30 teams the prizes would be good at $10 bucks a month. What is $10 bucks ? Im sure people spend more on pop at 7-11 in a week.

In any game there is going to be "top teams". That is part of the thrill and excitement of taking them down. In the later stages of Tribes alot of teams were formed. These teams didnt get a chance to play against "top teams". Mabye they would now? I can think of 10 5v5 teams that im sure would form 10vs10 rosters to keep this awesome game alive.

$10 bucks , OoOOOO .

I would pay 20 bucks.

Jislan said:
I have a hard time seeing people coming back to tribes even w/ cash as an incentive

That is the question im asking. Is $ and the thrill of comp T1 enough?

What are the factors on why they woudnt? Time? Effort? Not a good game?
To old? Not enough comp?

Back