[HOW TO] Host a *dedicated* server, configure, setup webadmin

I just found the password setting:

Add this to the bottom of your .ini

Put your password in GamePassword=*password*

[Engine.AccessControl]
IPPolicies=ACCEPT,*
GamePassword=
LoginDelaySeconds=1.000000

Unless it gets really bad, we'll leave ours unpassworded. Now if we could just ban the name NewBlood... I think UT just does cdkey and IP bans.

Last edited:
Helado said:
We had a problem with webadmin... To fix it I made sure I edited while the server was down and kept it verbatim of tysofts above. There was some extra crap that I just commented out.

As far as dual servers, you could try double .ini's and use ini=server.ini on the command line argument. Thats UT2k4 options, so I don't know if it will work or not.

Not sure if that works or not, but I did manage another way.

I ended up doing what I do with T2 servers, and that is to just copy the entire folder to another directory, and change the shortcut targets :p

I now have two servers on same box. Still working on the webadmin thingy.

HOW TO FIX DEAD STOPPING FROM ANTI SPEED HACK CODE:

1. Remove read-only attribute on the file /program/bin/default.ini
2. Under [Engine.GameEngine] add bcheatprotection = False

(Thanks Roger of IGA for this.)

Alright, nothing works for me. Server runs awesome with 20 people in it. But...I can't set a pass (either through the .ini or webadmin), I can't kick, ban or change teams...

Blech...

Anyone know how to specify what ip the server should use? I have two external ips, and T:V is using the wrong one. For UT2k4 you just put multihome=ip in the command line..doesn't work with T:V. Any ideas?

Are the dedicated server files free for people that don't have a FP subscription? My clan has a couple servers that I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind throwing T:V on. However only me and like two others (who are admins) got the subscription.

Sorry if this was posted before I didn't check and feel like a jerk already for it. :roller:

BFGanksta said:
Are the dedicated server files free for people that don't have a FP subscription? My clan has a couple servers that I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind throwing T:V on. However only me and like two others (who are admins) got the subscription.

Sorry if this was posted before I didn't check and feel like a jerk already for it. :roller:

I just reused my cd-key on my server and downloaded off of FP the files.

Back