I'm back, sluts!

wow, this thread was full of rage

especially all the whiny jealous losers who used to go HA HA, ARTS DEGREE LOL

meanwhile I'm getting paid to do one, and what works out to be a pretty decent amount considering the amount of "work"

also, anybody who says they're taking home 83% of what they make is an internet joker. I've never had a single paycheck in my life that after taxes and other deductions wasn't cut almost in half.

if take home was actually pegged at -17% everyone would probably be a lot fucking happier

and yes, I realize I said "after taxes" and that started a 7 page fury. lmao. what I actually meant to say was "after deductions" but a half bottle of whiskey will do that to you

I don't think it really matters what you accomplish Obibun, because you come off as an asshat. But, congrats, you have a good thing going, regardless of what your "whiny jealous loser" fanclub thinks.

I've got a greeeeat thing going. and thanks.

Also, my closest buddy slash guy I've grown up with slash guy I lived with for 3 years in Kingston is also out there doing a ph.D.. so, we're going to tear shit up. Going to be a great two years.

It's about time you got your internet turned back on. You broke ass motherfucker.

yeah, I'm a minor alcoholic. but so are most academics I know.

my buddy doing his phD polished off 3/4's of a bottle of whiskey and then various other things 10 hours before a conference presentation, spent the night puking in his department's bathroom and then went in bleary eyed and aced it

within an hour of meeting my supervisor (who is really well respected in the field) we were sitting at noon drinking beers on his tab

a phonology professor I'm going to have showed up late to the group dinner, announced, "Sorry I'm late, but I'm also kind of angry, I've been listening to Eminem the whole way over for a paper I'm writing and it's not happy music" then proceeded to down about 4 cocktails. everybody did.

alcoholism - powering academics since forever

I was going to make a point about the fact that it's better to be a sober phd student or a phd, rather than a drunk phd student or phd...but then I realized that I'm drunk, so fuck it.

it might be a linguistics thing, but everyone's a massive alcoholic

back in my bachelors the head of my department used to go outside and chainsmoke, and she rolled her own cigarettes too

another prof I had was an old turkish woman who would swear violently and constantly give shit to kids. my favourite is writing a midterm where some kid asks about a question, and she responds (loud enough for everyone to hear) "Jesus fucking christ, I'm not asking you to reinvent the fucking wheel, just read the goddamned question"

We are a flagrant bunch

In my experience undergrad = potheads, grad students = alcoholics. I won't argue the logic of this, but that was my experience.

also because this thread has not yet attained another stunning seven pages, I'll roll out a bomb here and say my girlfriend and I broke up about a month and a half ago

It was completely sudden, retarded and unexpected, but in retrospect what else can you expect from a chick who you started dating when she was 20, which in Germany means basically fresh out of highschool?

Coincidentally she started going from loving partner to crazy 22 year old whore quite quickly the minute I got accepted to a Masters back in Canada. ho ho, insecure girl can't deal with this baller heading to a campus full of available ladies

It was a shitty few weeks but in the end it's likely for the best, would make absolutely no sense to keep a girlfriend in Germany when I'm off doing a Masters in Canada in a city full of available puss.

having said that, I currently have about 5 (hot ass) girls lined up to take me out the moment I step off the plane in Toronto. One of whom is an extremely hot chick, who told me she spends a lot of time at the gym working out for her job, and is cute and chill as balls.. and I talked to for two hours before realizing that she was a fucking cop.

So yeah, basically going to be taking drunk joyrides in a police cruiser with a hot hard-bodied girl and getting my friends arrested for kicks. Life's not all that bad.

LET PAGE 14 BEGIN

ed- pic.
Spoiler

not bad for a cop, right? hohohoho. Adam is back in town.

Last edited:
also because this thread has not yet attained another stunning seven pages, I'll roll out a bomb here and say my girlfriend and I broke up about a month and a half ago

It was completely sudden, retarded and unexpected, but in retrospect what else can you expect from a chick who you started dating when she was 20, which in Germany means basically fresh out of highschool?

Coincidentally she started going from loving partner to crazy 22 year old whore quite quickly the minute I got accepted to a Masters back in Canada. ho ho, insecure girl can't deal with this baller heading to a campus full of available ladies

It was a shitty few weeks but in the end it's likely for the best, would make absolutely no sense to keep a girlfriend in Germany when I'm off doing a Masters in Canada in a city full of available puss.

having said that, I currently have about 5 (hot ass) girls lined up to take me out the moment I step off the plane in Toronto. One of whom is an extremely hot chick, who told me she spends a lot of time at the gym working out for her job, and is cute and chill as balls.. and I talked to for two hours before realizing that she was a fucking cop.

So yeah, basically going to be taking drunk joyrides in a police cruiser with a hot hard-bodied girl and getting my friends arrested for kicks. Life's not all that bad.

ed- pic.
Spoiler

not bad for a cop, right? hohohoho. Adam is back in town.

LET PAGE 14 BEGIN[/QUOTE]

No comment, but I feel that this should be preserved.

Back