Steam sale

Bought Witcher 3 and gifted a copy to a friend for Xmas. I want to play Just Cause 3 so bad but it's still buggy as shit and I can't support a company that puts Denuvo shit on their software.

Bought Witcher 3 and gifted a copy to a friend for Xmas. I want to play Just Cause 3 so bad but it's still buggy as shit and I can't support a company that puts Denuvo shit on their software.

First time I've heard of Denuvo but that's really crappy of them, from what I've read it was modders that made Just Cause 2 worth getting for that multiplayer support they added.

i'll second xenonauts

if u like old school xcom its perfect

just got shadowrun: hong kong

never played shadowrun before but its pretty legit

Why am I just hearing about Xenonauts now? Is the turn based combat as good or better than the newer Xcom game?

incomparable. the new one is checkers. the old xcom is chess. it might seem overly detailed at first but when u get the hang of it, its quite quick. just check out some Lets Play and you'll see the difference. for example, there's no overwatch. your chars will roll for Reflex shot when its not their turn if they have the Action Points for the "overwatch" shot. "Overwatch" or reflex shot, is based off Remaining Action Points, reflex skill, and the weapon modifier (shotgun/pistol are 1.5x, hheavy guns are 0.5x, etc). Stuff like that.
It's completely action point based, for example, turn 90deg is 1action point, kneel is another 3, grab a clip out of backpack is 12, throw it to teammate is 40, the other teammate moving 8 to pick it up, grabbing from ground for 10, reloading for 12, and snapshotting for 18. Shit like that happens. Well, it doesnt happen but it could! Pretty awesome game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLipckAHAI4&index=12&list=PLFds65xQmrDzbZrnCf2hC3X8F5FsrjaS-

incomparable. the new one is checkers. the old xcom is chess. it might seem overly detailed at first but when u get the hang of it, its quite quick. just check out some Lets Play and you'll see the difference. for example, there's no overwatch. your chars will roll for Reflex shot when its not their turn if they have the Action Points for the "overwatch" shot. "Overwatch" or reflex shot, is based off Remaining Action Points, reflex skill, and the weapon modifier (shotgun/pistol are 1.5x, hheavy guns are 0.5x, etc). Stuff like that.
It's completely action point based, for example, turn 90deg is 1action point, kneel is another 3, grab a clip out of backpack is 12, throw it to teammate is 40, the other teammate moving 8 to pick it up, grabbing from ground for 10, reloading for 12, and snapshotting for 18. Shit like that happens. Well, it doesnt happen but it could! Pretty awesome game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLipckAHAI4&index=12&list=PLFds65xQmrDzbZrnCf2hC3X8F5FsrjaS-

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pass. New Xcom 2 coming out in February. I really like the new Xcom and honestly I don't need all the extra micromanagement of resources.

shit I bought in this sale so far:

Crypt of the Necrodancer (had already played a pirated version a while back so I knew it was top notch)

Battleblock Theatre (haven't played yet but the reviews and most particularly the trailer have me looking forward to giving it a whirl)

One Finger Death Punch (great fun, a must buy at this price imo)

Survivalist (haven't played yet but looks good for fooling around on my laptop while we tour around the north island visiting family)

I also picked up Steamworld Heist in a 3DS eshop sale a few days ago...have only played a couple of hours so far, but it's excellent - side scrolling turn based strategy in what feels like a robot version of the Firefly universe

it's coming to Steam and some other platforms next year, worth checking out :)

i pulled the trigger on xcom ultimate collection
fuckin 80% might as well
i have a 15 hour flight on sunday so that should do for about 9 of em

Back