Racism & TW.

Yes, this is the point. But do you blame the white man for his resentment that he can only talk about his opinions to close friends while other races can openly lobby for their races advancement? You can't say that on just any forum, but you can say it here. You have to understand my passion for the unbridled spirit of the Internet when it was just beginning -- when society didn't even understand what it was. Now, as more of the same types of people in society who have demonized certain points of view have invaded the Internet. The same people who cry for equality by demanding their minority (religious, gender, orientation, race) be given advantages. It's completely hypocritical and frankly ...
Affirmative action isn't an attempt to give anyone an advantage, it's an attempt to reduce levels of disadvantage. Maybe instead of getting caught up in the 'unbridled spirit of the Internet', you should have paid more attention in your social studies class.

To weigh in: many of TW's high-profile posters are incredibly racist; whether they're serious or doing it in jest, they're still pieces of shit. Although there has always been an element of racism bubbling away here, I think it has definitely become a more salient feature in recent years. It's really distasteful. However, other than abusing the posters who post racist and xenophobic things, banning racist posters without banning homophobic or misogynistic posters as well would be hypocritical. I think it's better that everyone understands TW is a bit of an Internet cesspit and, no matter how much I disagree personally with Rayn's tolerance of it, I come here with full-knowledge of what to expect.

It's for this reason I have nobody on an ignore list. In my opinion it deteriorates the tolerance that makes this place somewhat unique. And yes, once you start banning one faction of people here, it becomes a slippery slope that I'm glad Rayn hasn't gone down.

Affirmative action isn't an attempt to give anyone an advantage, it's an attempt to reduce levels of disadvantage. Maybe instead of getting caught up in the 'unbridled spirit of the Internet', you should have paid more attention in your social studies class.

Disadvantages my ass.

Why should someone more experienced, more employable with more skills get turned down for a job or college simply because they are white and the unskilled, less experienced person gets the job or in college because they are a certain color?

You preach equality and other bullshit but you don't practice it.

Yeah, that's the idea behind it. That's not what actually happens.

I dunno, I'm proud of my heritage, too...but you don't see me calling people shit skin savages or muds or what have you. I'm not fearing the white man and his cracker family or what have you.

Just idiotic hate speech...

Am = advantage majority. An = advantage minority. x = arbitrary "advantage" quantification.
given: An < Am.
giving advantage to An: An + x > Am
reducing disadvantage to An: An > Am - x

shifting a theoretical x from one side of the inequality to the other creates equivalent statements.

applying high school social studies class to the real world is sophomoric.

Is it wrong to be against abject racism? To be upset by religious extremists? I don't think so...and to be surprised by a severe, adverse reaction to those very topics is a wonder to me. I think it would be expected by most people who are moderate thinkers.

In your op, you were pretty vague about where you were going with this thread. You didn't actually come out and SAY you want rules changed, but you certainly implied it. Now in this post you're saying that people are decrying you for being "against" racism. Well duh. I'm "against" racism also. Nobody is calling you out for that. You're getting called out because you vaguely intimated that there should be stricter laws/rules/whatever prohibiting it.

If you want to set the record straight, now's the time.

In your op, you were pretty vague about where you were going with this thread. You didn't actually come out and SAY you want rules changed, but you certainly implied it. Now in this post you're saying that people are decrying you for being "against" racism. Well duh. I'm "against" racism also. Nobody is calling you out for that. You're getting called out because you vaguely intimated that there should be stricter laws/rules/whatever prohibiting it.

If you want to set the record straight, now's the time.

Hmm...alright then...let's go see what happened in my original post:

TW has always been a more wretched hive of scum and villainy But lately...it feels like it's turning into Front14 sponsored website or something.

WTF is going on...and people are cool with this?

I asked...what the hell is going on and are people cool with a buncha racist bastards promoting hate speech on it.

I asked a question...as in, do people enjoy this sorta thing here? Where did I imply anything?

I wanted to know if TW was veering towards being a hate-speech filled propaganda forum like the Front14 sites. Because if it is, and was...then I don't want to have anything to do with it.

What's the harm in that? I believe it was the rest of this fine community that brought it to a whole 'nother level was it not?

You could have just said "Yeah, I'm cool with it." Or..."No...I think it's wrong".

Like I said earlier, and I quote:

I don't believe in hate speech...if that's not true freedom of speech, then fuck it. I don't come here to read about how niggers and jews are bad, bad people that should all be wiped off the planet. I'm not here because I'm a Freedom of Speech lover. I'm here because I like Tribes, and I enjoy alot of the topics in the GD section. I never came here for this big, existential idea that Rayn promotes. The idea that it'll be anything more than a forum full of racists, idealists, and grumpy old men is laughable. For awhile, everything else about is enjoyable, and to be honest, alot of the threads made me wonder why I ever stopped coming here in the first place.

But then again...now I'm seeing why I did. I'm just not down with seeing people being utterly cruel and full of hate.

Is that why you come here? It's why I said I'll use the ignore button, or I'll leave TW for the people that like that sorta thing.

Take that as you will.

If this thread is any indication, I'd say so.

What...I thought the open-minded thing was funny.

I mean, c'mon, be original at least. stfu beaner was an easy gimme and I'm surprised it took so long to mention after I brought up the messican descent thing. I expected that to be one of the immediate responses.

You want a clap on the back for mediocrity? Where's my applause then? :D

I can't help it it's a slow day at TW. And the fact that so many are responding to this thread just proves that it is.

Back