Battlefield V Open Beta

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
Anyone playing? Im going to try it out if i can still get in. Looks decent but seems to have a lot of bugs

i played it for an hour last night and had heard the criticism about bugs, but in the hour the game ran flawlessly for me

gameplay felt much better than bf1 as well, although it's very similar
the engineer class can construct walls to block passageways, etc now (aka fortnite)

there's also a sweet flame thrower tank thing

but i will admit the capture a point, proceed to next point to capture while enemy recaptures the last point you just took endless chase nature of the bf games has exhausted me

Last edited:
phew that guy's comparison to bf1942 is dead on, i miss that game. even bf3 and 4 had fairly large maps with lots of vehicles, but bf1 and 5 are just tiny infantry driven spam fests

its pretty bad. the bleedout mechanic is terrible, not a fan of the current TTK, the UI (not ingame UI) is really bad and a pain in the ass to navigate. to unlock a new weapon that you have earned through rankup, you need to quit the game and load up the armory UI, not your character UI. Weapon customization is pure fucking garbage (you have 4 upgrade paths that you unlock with BFV points. if you want to try one of the other paths, you need to buy another copy of the gun using BFV points, then spend more to unlock the other path's upgrades. repeat as necessary). the various graphics settings and clutter make the game harder to see (and the action being more run and gun is exacerbating the issue). the actual quality of building and terrain textures has been a downgrade from BF1 as well.

vehicles seem pretty pointless at the moment too. tanks get raped by assault and support and the planes dont seem to be very deadly against ground troops, making them way less fun than BF1. They seem to exist solely for dogfights that aren't up to par IMO.

anyway, thats my review based on experiences playing BC2, BF4 and BF1

Why do people still play EA games?

Cus they gotta know what is inside the box...

giphy.gif

Ive been playing the last few days. The defend vs attack is pretty fun. First time playing this time of game since bf 1942. Would be better if people actually used their mic and could coordinate ect

True the game is kinda shit.. I can see it getting boring pretty dam quick. It all depends if they will have tons of maps, lots of objective based gameplay and defend/destroy game modes.
I really like it when you are running with infantry, moving forward with 2 tanks and a half track while the other team is getting destroyed.
Defending your objective while enemy is dropping in by parachute, AA guns blasting away and shit blowing up everywhere.
Blowing up buildings is fun :)
I haven't payed for the game tho, just playing the free beta :)
Need a squad to even seriously consider buying it.

ill be honest i had a good time on the Rotterdam map but i was w a really good squad w a leader who was actually giving orders which gives u bonus points for completing the objective

our squad finished on the top w us in 1, 2, 4, and like 16 bc 1 dude was a potato

even the slightest bit of coordination goes a long fuckin way

Yeah, enjoying the game requires a good squad. I think it looks great and the little touches to the graphics/sound are nice but at the end of the day it's the same repetitive shit that BF games are known for.

The BLOPS4 BR mode beta looks really good in comparison.

I hate the way you move in COD games, they've copy and pasted that run animation in every COD game since Modern Warfare, maybe earlier than that. It just feels so old and clunky.

The PS4 beta for the BR mode looks like it's being rendered on a potato.

Back