Zeitgeist

No way ... It's dumb... They say that the towers survived the crash but that the fuel burned the floors so they would pancake. This happened because the impact of the plane shook the fire proofing foam off the steel braces.

It's bullshit.

There are levels of heat from that fire that go well beyond what a fuel started fire could ignite. You can see it plain as day from sattelites on nasa yet they deny it. Why? Because thermite creates a lot of heat.

i didn't read this thread

has it degenerated into a bunch of conspiracy theorists being made fun of yet?

I have an engineering degree, but it is not structural. But I know enough from mandatory civil/mech classes to be able to understand NIST's technical briefing, which you dimiss out of hand without even watching it. You are the only one full of shit because you are the only one claiming to be smarter than Dr Sunder without even watching or reading his report.

So pretty much just you, disk, and other 911 truthers are full of shit. You aren't exploiting anything but yourself.
:rofl: Oh, now I'm claiming I'm smarter than some expert? Oh gee golly, I can't keep up with all of these people you guys think that I think I'm smarter than. I'm sure however, since no one has ever lied or been wrong in the history of the government or man, that he's 100% right. I would definitely blindly follow anything he said too, if I weren't too busy pretending to be smarter of course!1

dumb stuff

I hope you realize the the whole "OMG THE STEEL IN THE WTC BUILDING DOESN'T MELT AT THE TEMPERATURE JET-A BURNS AT" is moronic.

Yeah, of course the steel doesn't melt at that temperature.

You know what it does do though? It loses 50%+ of its structural strength.

Steel doesn't have to completely melt before it will fail.

I hope you realize the the whole "OMG THE STEEL IN THE WTC BUILDING DOESN'T MELT AT THE TEMPERATURE JET-A BURNS AT" is moronic.

Yeah, of course the steel doesn't melt at that temperature.

You know what it does do though? It loses 50%+ of its structural strength.

Steel doesn't have to completely melt before it will fail.
That's the argument I hate the most. Melting steel. Who the fuck even does that? Why do these people think the steel has to melt to lose its integrity? Haven't they ever seen a fucking blacksmith?

You're not supposed to have blind faith for anything, you fucking retard.

Jesus fuck you are dumb.

Who gives a shit about the towers? Besides, what? Do you have a structural engineering degree? Who the fuck told you how much "energy" the buildings could take from a jet? And who said that fire-fighters would be able to control a fire that was fueled by jet fuel?

The design spec was for a 707 at low speed. A 767 has a similar mass, but the planes that hit the pentagon were going 3 times faster. E= 1/2*mV^2, so 3 times faster = 10 times energy. Simple fucking math any actual engineer could do.

As for the fire
WTC Chief Engineer Leslie Robertson said:
To the best of our knowledge, little was known about the effects of a fire from such an aircraft, and no designs were prepared for that circumstance. Indeed, at that time, no fireproofing systems were available to control the effects of such fires.

:rofl:

yeah, you're right, no building has ever collapsed throughout history due to causes that the designers knew could possibly occur. zomg designers know about gravity, why would they ever build a building that could just fail structurally?

zomg designers knew about earthquakes, why would they ever build something that could fall down in an earthquake.

jeezus you're an idiot.
They're built to withstand certain earthquakes.

Good God, you're such a retard.

Yeah, and the I-35W bridge in Minnesota was designed to handle all of the traffic on it as well.

Reality and building standards don't always match up.

Like I said, ask all of these engineering experts. I mean, one of them read a pamphlet. He's got to be an expert or something.
See that's not the way it works. Multiple experts do a bunch of research and write a paper with all kinds of sources and math and evidence.

You can't just say "WELL LA DE DA THEY DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING" without providing any research or evidence and not be called a fucking boob.

I'm pretty sure Popular Mechanics had a board of civil and structural engineers examine all of the bullshit claims and refute them on a point by point basis.

I would like to it, but I don't bookmark shit that confirms common sense.

The design spec was for a 707 at low speed. A 767 has a similar mass, but the planes that hit the pentagon were going 3 times faster. E= 1/2*mV^2, so 3 times faster = 10 times energy. Simple fucking math any actual engineer could do.
Gee golly, don't be so specific with your numbers... "low speed" is so technical.

Quick! Google what "low speed" is defined as, per the building's designs, and then the speed of each of the jets.

And then after you're done you can slowly realize that I don't give a fuck. The point was you're just regurgitating what you've read, what other people disagree with. You don't fucking know, but you're pretending that you do. A perfect example is the moronic argument of global warming.

As for the fire
You guys keep mixing in 1/2 in with 7. "Fires from an aircraft." That's not WTC7. Stay focused, sport.

25, two degrees (engineering and game development), one from a traditional college and one from a technical college

validuz stopped backpedaling and is claiming to have an engineering degree again :rofl:

why does everyone keep claiming we cant go faster than light???? look at how fast our spaceships have been going

Validuz, I'll paypal you $10 for a picture of your engineering degree with "Hello Ptavv" written on a piece of paper as well as today's news paper (or your computer monitor displaying this thread) also in the same digital picture.

validuz doesn't have an engineering degree

in 2003 he will still trying to get into full sail for game design but couldn't afford it

there's no way he finished that and an engineering degree since :lol:

See that's not the way it works. Multiple experts do a bunch of research and write a paper with all kinds of sources and math and evidence.

You can't just say "WELL LA DE DA THEY DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING" without providing any research or evidence and not be called a fucking boob.
"Multiple experts" disagree with the NIST's findings. What then? We just assume NIST is right? We closely follow the math and structural engineering knowledge that none of us have and find out which party is wrong and to what extent? Oh please.

p.s. I didn't say "WELL LA DE DA THEY DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING" or anything of the sort. I said no on HERE knows. I've also said many other "experts" disagree (like I did in this post). And since no one HERE is an expert, we really can't test anything that's said from either party. Therefore anyone pretending that they know for SURE, is a fucking moron.

Validuz, I'll paypal you $10 for a picture of your engineering degree with "Hello Ptavv" written on a piece of paper as well as today's news paper (or your computer monitor displaying this thread) also in the same digital picture.

I will quintuple this offer to $50.

Back