I didn't really like Final Fantasy XIII...

All been downhill since they merged with Enix and Sakaguchi officially left. Lost Odyssey was more Final Fantasy than XIII was, also had the better soundtrack. I think that is what one would call a twist.

you thought wrong.

well, I should say the begining was ok. but it stayed linear and boring for WAAAAY too long.

It was more linear, but I think that was better for the game. I loved the upgrading system and all that shit. The blitzball was awesome, and the story was good too.

i stopped playing Final Fantasy games when they starting making them with polygons. i fucking hate polygons. i just want to run around a grid and look down on my character from the top I don't have time for a z axis.

I put the game down right before getting off the palamecia where you fight dysley. Couple months later (now) I'm playing it again and just reached taejin's tower.

The game's so much less annoying once you hit gran pulse. It's nice that I've pretty much forgotten what happened in the first 10 chapters of the game, so in a way the game just started for me.

Is it really that bad?

I kept playing it to get to the moment where they stop holding your hand like previous FF games did. It dragged on way too long and I lost interest.

The fight system was pretty boring too.

I kept thinking there was going to be some story interaction at some point(you know like how RPGs are opposed to be) so I stuck to it untill the tower where I realized there was actually no hope whatsoever for the game. I finished it after that on principal because I'd already sunk a fucking ridiculous amount of time into it. I pretty much hated myself fr sticking through it to the end hoping it would get better, thinking there would be some kind of satisfaction at the end

aside from the characters, story, combat and lack of world exploration, it's a great game

it's pretty
and uh... the menu's are nice?

The older FF's had more emotionally charged content, which was why we liked them. Of course, the music has to match the writing, and I feel like there's no attempt to even try that these days. When I played FF13 all I could think about is how much I wanted to strangle that annoying little girl.

Our standards are higher now too, but FF6 still holds up rather well. It amazes me that after 8 failures, Square still hasn't looked back and figured out what it did correctly in FF6.

I thought the game was bugged because I had to skip, what appeared to be, the same damn cutscene of those worthless losers watching fireworks on that beach like 50 times

Back