[NBA] 2018 Playoffs

tbh i think gsw would be able to better use the draymond money on other players in ~THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION~

been gone since before the draft: i like jacob evans for dubs :>

first draft they've had where they picked somebody with future playoff minutes vs rockets in mind

HV2ktoU.jpg

AND 0 CHIPS

Austin Rivers has been traded to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Marcin Gortat.

Rivers just opted into his $12 million deal for 2018-19 last week. His departure will open the door for rookies Jerome Robinson and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to make an impact right away in Los Angeles. Washington's starting backcourt of John Wall and Bradley Beal is set in stone, but Rivers could have a decent role with the second unit along with Kelly Oubre. To be clear, this trade pushes Rivers off the standard-league radar.

Pressure is reportedly mounting on the Lakers to acquire Kawhi Leonard ahead of free agency.

LeBron James reportedly would like to make his free agency decision quickly, meaning there's some added pressure on the Lakers to bring in Leonard in order to entice LBJ to sign with the Los Angeles franchise. However, the Lakers first conversation with Spurs management did not get very far, and San Antonio appears to be in no rush to get a deal done. Leonard could steer his way towards Los Angeles if he can convince opposing NBA teams that his only interest is to sign with the Lakers in 2019, but right now, the Celtics, Clippers and 76ers all remain interested in Kawhi.

I don't see Ingram or Kuzma ever being anything more than the 4th or 5th best player on a contender.

I'm curious what kind of return Leonard will get. Sitting out a whole season is pretty serious. I wonder how many guys have done that and came back to play at their previous level. It's still probably worth the risk if you are a contender.

Back