[Guns] First few add-ons for the G19

Because getting a flashlight is really overdoing it? Get over yourself. :mecry:

Ive been going to the range every other day and rotate 100 rounds w/Light and 100 rounds without the Light. So forth and so forth.

You are such a nut-hugger invar. :sunny:
I didn't say it was "overdoing it". I told you to get good with the gun first. Why are you even bothering to get anything for it yet? You've barely even had it for a week. Get the basics down.

And I don't know why people aren't riding you for this more. Your finger is on the trigger. That should be the most important line of defense against accidental discharges, not "oh, the magazine is unloaded and the chamber is empty."

Last edited:
Oh, and in your second thread, you mentioned not being able to do headshots from 20 feet away. I hope you've improved significantly since then because 20 feet is less than 7 yds. From that distance, shooting controlled and slowly, you should be able to do headshots without much difficulty.

Let me know when you're consistently hitting shots center mass from 75 feet away.

I'm not a great shot by any means, but I can do that at least. There are much better shooters than I.

And then after you do that, try doing IDPA shooting and being scored against a clock with spectators, and then see how shitty your accuracy goes to. It's a good experience.

amram: that wasn't a TLR. If it had the bulb it was one of the older M3 models by insight. You are right, they are crap, plastic garbage. The TLR is alluminum and an LED.

And yes, get an AGrip for your gat! They are spectacular.

iNVAR: IDPA is awesome! I used to shoot at Norfolk County Rifle Range before I moved north. They only have IPSC around here so i shoot USPSA. And you are absolutely right. When you're agains't the clock with people watching and moving from place to place, a persons accuracy goes to shit real quick.

I recently took a buddy of mine with me to a match. He is about a near perfect shooter on his qual course. He did horrible at the match and now its like pulling teeth to get him to go again. I keep telling him he needs to shoot more to get better but hes the type that wants to be excellent at everything before the public sees him.

Oh well

Last edited:
I recently took a buddy of mine with me to a match. He is about a near perfect shooter on his qual course. He did horrible at the match and now its like pulling teeth to get him to go again. I keep telling him he needs to shoot more to get better but hes the type that wants to be excellent at everything before the public sees him.

Oh well
Yeah, I'm that type of person too. I haven't gone in ages :lol: But the few times I went, it was quite a learning experience. And very humbling.

Back