[MEGATHREAD]Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Not a Forum!]

The RC2 contains the following fixes:

Front end:
Fixes server browser crashes. Server browser more resilient against corrupt online service data, and better support for large number of servers.
Several server browser ping issues resolved.

Windows XP stability:
Fixed crash on windows XP at end of round, exit game and display mode changes and.
Proper window style / mouse confinement when starting game maximized on XP .

Options dialog:
Mouse sensitivity setting gives more effect.
Mouse sensitivity loaded on game startup.

The RC2 contains the following fixes:

Front end:
Fixes server browser crashes. Server browser more resilient against corrupt online service data, and better support for large number of servers.
Several server browser ping issues resolved.

Windows XP stability:
Fixed crash on windows XP at end of round, exit game and display mode changes and.
Proper window style / mouse confinement when starting game maximized on XP .

Options dialog:
Mouse sensitivity setting gives more effect.
Mouse sensitivity loaded on game startup.

Where's this from? I need a performance increase :-/

Im still crashing on alt-tab outs.

wintw.jpg

Yeah like i did in BF2, Its seem to register when it wants because i caught 4 snipers on one hill so i popped the 1st one and he went down, the second one i shot him the same way but he lived and it took 2 more shots at him and he finally died. With the PKM i ripped up a sniper but it felt like it took half the clip...i remember in BF2 i was sick with the PKM and i could snipe with it 2-3 shot burst would kill anybody....but in this game it takes 15-25 shots to get him down...maybe the hit box's are still not tweaked.

I remember you constantly being called a cheater when you were using the PKM in pugs, I was disappointed with how weak it is in this game compared to BF2, but it will be a better balance I think.

I was having no trouble at all killing people with the sniper rifle even at long distances, even people manning the mounted turrets were easy picking between the shields that protect them, I notice a lot of people missing though.

I eventually noticed what my problem was in aiming with the assault rifles, I was paying attention to the graphic of how the gun recoils and tried to adjust, but it actually snaps back to where you had the gun pointed after each bullet so it is easy to smoothly pan with a moving target and pick them off. It must because the game is also made for the consoles, I am used to having to make lots of small adjustments with the recoil of the gun.

Most of my issues right now are just how the game runs on my computer, sometimes I got these little pauses that I am not sure if they are lag or FPS drops, it costs me kills and lives a lot of times.

I can still have fun in the game either way, and I know it is going to be rough right now since the game is still over a month from release.

I'm disappointed they didn't use the same level as in the PS3 beta. It was very well balanced and was a blast. In all fairness, I haven't gotten to really play on this snow map because of the performance of my computer in this beta, but I really enjoyed the desert map.

I can't explain it, but the game feels "slow"

80% of the complaints on the forums are of the mouse not 'feeling' right. Some say it feels sluggish or describe as moving through mud. I assume it's 'averaging' mouse movements which PC players aren't used to.

Personally I dont really notice it because I'm getting 12 FPS anyway =p

This looks nothing like Bad Company 1. Is there are RTS component?

Huh? It's exactly the same. You level up to unlock stuff, and you have to destroy or defend points.

It's better with the upgrades though. I really enjoy the sniping. Had 47 sniper kills last night in one round as an attacker. including some sweet ownage of one sniper who kept being revived by a medic, and then sniped by myself. Happened about 4 times in a row.

Back