evolution is bullshit

The truly stupid part of this argument are the fucking idiots who have turned this into a political issue. "Well a lot of conservatives (ie fundamentalist Christians) think evolution is bullshit, so I, another conservative, should think it's bullshit too!"

The fact conservative politicians play to the fundamentalist base by supporting so called "Intelligent Design" only adds to these retards opinions. They don't know half a shit about evolution, but since people they agree with politically say they don't think evolution is real, it must not be! Who cares about science anyways?

Retards.

Yeah fuck evolution, fuck carbon dating, fuck the scientific method, fuck Darwin and all those turtle fuckers on the Galapaga's, fuck all the evidence in favour of evolution, fuck fruit flies, fuck modern day examples of evolution and give me INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

All religion and politics aside. Will someone please explain to me the creation of matter. Where the fuck did it come from. While you're at it, explain time to me. By definition it's infinite afaik, so how can anything have an origin really, if time has always existed? This isn't a job for science, it's a job for philosophy.

I wonder if maybe just once we can have an evolution thread that doesn't go past 2 pages.

ESPECIALLY A BLATANT TROLLING THREAD LIKE THIS ONE

why isn't boofoo banned for this crap?

the fastest and largest evolving organism is you reatrded religous dumb asses.

would you just quit evolving .

DVADER said:
All religion and politics aside. Will someone please explain to me the creation of matter. Where the fuck did it come from. While you're at it, explain time to me. By definition it's infinite afaik, so how can anything have an origin really, if time has always existed? This isn't a job for science, it's a job for philosophy.

Who says time is by definition infinite?

This doesn't have anything do with evolution, btw...

Falhawk said:
I wonder if maybe just once we can have an evolution thread that doesn't go past 2 pages.

ESPECIALLY A BLATANT TROLLING THREAD LIKE THIS ONE

why isn't boofoo banned for this crap?

you should be banned for crapping on my beliefs

BadMoFo said:
you should be banned for crapping on my beliefs

dude you are fucking trolling.

it is obvious

FURTHERMORE none of these threads ever resolve anything. creationists think evolutionists are stupid and vice versa.

DVADER said:

There is nothing that says matter must be created. In fact, a principle called "the conservation of matter" declares that matter CANNOT be created or destroyed.

The conservation of matter principle has undergone serious modifications so now it's a lot more complicated than the above, but the underlying idea still remains.

The universe has a finite amount of matter and energy, none is created or destroyed.

Time is certainly NOT infinite, and is a measurement of the rate of decay in the universe. As entropy increases, time increases. In a system where there is no decay, time is static, such as from the perspective of a photon. Certain theories of the universe predicted a Big Crunch where time would actually be reversed and the universe would return to the conditions of the big bang. This is certainly a viable possibility, but modern measurements have shown that the energy of the expanding universe is greater than what is required to expand forever. The current best model is that the universe will end in cold death, with particles slowly expanding away from each other for eternity.

You are fairly arrogant in your assertions, given your obvious lack of education.

Does that answer your question?

Last edited:
just in case mofo decides to learn to read, a species has "evolved" as recently as 70 years ago, the Nylon Bug

it's a bacteria which feeds exclusively on nylon, which didn't exist before 1937...the bacteria that it evolved from was only able to digest sugars, but through a frame-shift mutation, there's a new species of the bacteria which is ONLY able to eat nylon. this couldn't possibly have existed BEFORE 1937.

Bottom line: all we know is that a one point, 15 billion years or so ago, the universe was very very small, dense and hot, and explanding very quickly. If you rewind the tape, the universe shows no signs of showing down as it gets smaller.

xpdnc said:
just in case mofo decides to learn to read, a species has "evolved" as recently as 70 years ago, the Nylon Bug

it's a bacteria which feeds exclusively on nylon, which didn't exist before 1937...the bacteria that it evolved from was only able to digest sugars, but through a frame-shift mutation, there's a new species of the bacteria which is ONLY able to eat nylon. this couldn't possibly have existed BEFORE 1937.

Incoming retort: oh yeah well but they're still bacteria, you haven't turned a dinosaur into a mouse yet.

Forensic said:
There is nothing that says matter must be created. In fact, a principle called "the conservation of matter" declares that matter CANNOT be created or destroyed.

The conservation of matter principle has undergone serious modifications so now it's a lot more complicated than the above, but the underlying idea still remains.

The universe has a finite amount of matter and energy, none is created or destroyed.

Time is certainly NOT infinite, and is a measurement of the rate of decay in the universe. As entropy increases, time increases. In a system where there is no decay, time is static, such as from the perspective of a photon. Certain theories of the universe predicted a Big Crunch where time would actually be reversed and the universe would return to the conditions of the big bang. This is certainly a viable possibility, but modern measurements have shown that the energy of the expanding universe is greater than what is required to expand forever. The current best model is that the universe will end in cold death, with particles slowly expanding away from each other for eternity.

You are fairly arrogant in your assertions, given your obvious lack of education.

Does that answer your question?
obviously you missed my point. ok, aside from the infiniteness or finiteness of time, you "argued" the same point as I did about matter. it *cannot* be created or destroyed. So where did it come from? How come we have this much matter and not more, or not less, or none? And the whole time reversing itself. great theory, but how does one go about proving it. Again, this is afaik, because I haven't studied this, but time running in reverse hasn't been observed.

BadMoFo said:
so why have animals stopped evolving exactly?

care to explain that one DARWINISTS???

I was just asking this question the other day. There I was, squatting down watching small black ants evolve into big red ants when ... they stopped, midway. I dunno pretty strange. Seems like everything just stopped evolving right in front of my eyes? What's up with that?

The time reversing itself is a consequence of the interaction of particles in our universe...

If you understood the physical laws of these interactions I could go about proving that if there is a certain amount of energy in the universe, the universe will eventually collapse back on itself in a big crunch where spacetime contracts back in on itself.

But our most recent measurements show there isn't enough energy, and instead of contracting, the universe is going to expand forever.

It's not like peope just make this up, these results follow from the laws of physics and our observations of the behaviour of galaxies.

Now, concerning the matter question, why does it have to have been created? Why does something have to be created? Just because something exists does not imply creation; there is no logical reason why matter must have been originally created.

Science wants to explain the world so that it can make predictions. Scientifically, there is no evidence that matter was created. All the evidence suggests that matter has always existed and always will and that this doesn't change. Your idea that matter has to be created by someone is purely religious - in the words of a famous physicist, "there is no need for that hypothesis".

Forensic said:
The time reversing itself is a consequence of the interaction of particles in our universe...

everybody knows that for time to reverse itself all that needs to happen is superman fly around the world a few times reversing the spin DUH

this is just plain sad.

I hope somebody takes mercy on your soul badmofo.

take 1 class in Ecology and Evolution.

fucking baby h jesus tap dancing christ go away.

Back