Tribes server hacker on the loose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. There's MANY people here that give mad props to the guy on a consistent basis.

x66 said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. There's MANY people here that give mad props to the guy on a consistent basis.
Um yeah, that's why there's a rant right now, and have been many in the past, just about interpolation which isn't even a cheat. If anyone here appreciates what Happy did for Tribes, they keep their mouths shut.

You're still missing the point. Many people here consider happy a bad ass hacker dude that could own anyone if he wanted.

Not sure about you, but I've been around here long enough to realize happy is very much accepted in this community, despite what he's done.

I'm assuming newguy22 was hoping he'd be accepted in, much, the same way.

newguy22 said:
you know, i said this stuff in the open because i didn't feel i had anything to hide... and i still don't. i have nothing to prove, and noone to answer to. i was merely joining in the conversation here to let ppl know why they saw what they saw in their logs. if somebody got a problem with it, too bad, its in the past and already done. one can't undo the past. its not like the game wasn't dead 2 years ago anyway, no harm done. good luck everyone...

Is anyone still experiencing problems due to this?

I applaud someone coming forward to accept the consequenses of your actions. That earns someone far more respect than writing a hack in my book. If this issue is safely behind us, no further harm is done, and you agree publically in this thread to stop writing any other hacks or cheats for the game, I see no reason to pursue it further.

Alex Rodberg
Tribes Brand Manager
Sierra / Vivendi Universal Games

Last edited:
x66 said:
I'm assuming newguy22 was hoping he'd be accepted in, much, the same way.

hmm, i can understand how it would appear that way, but i don't really feel like that. i think my biggest problem is i'm the curious type. that trait often puts me where i shouldn't be unfortunately.

as far as being heralded in the community for making a contribution goes, i think you did a fine job with your fix for the udp thing. congrats. i remember learning some assembly as part of computer science curriculum but i don't remeber them teaching anything implementation specific such as that.

newguy22 said:
anyway, whether the game is dead or not is subject to debate i suppose, i just remember how it was years back. it doesn't feel like that anymore you know?

just because your bored of the fucking game doesnt mean other people are bored of it too, other people still enjoy the game such as myself and you had no fucking right to take that away.

Marweas said:
Is anyone still experiencing problems due to this?
If this issue is safely behind us, no further harm is done, and you agree publically in this thread to stop writing any other hacks or cheats for the game, I see no reason to pursue it further.

Alex Rodberg
Tribes Brand Manager
Sierra / Vivendi Universal Games

well, i didn't write a hack, the original programmers did inadvertantly in their implementation. i definately don't plan to mess with this sort of thing in the future though, rest assured.

if ran a server or paid for one i wouldn't enjoy it if someone were to make it an object of curiousity and amusement.

VRWarper said:
just because your bored of the fucking game doesnt mean other people are bored of it too, other people still enjoy the game such as myself and you had no fucking right to take that away.

true.

although, i haven't taken anything away... you still ahve it don't you? maybe for those few seconds of testing, yes, but other than that, i don't see the issue.

newguy22 said:
true.

although, i haven't taken anything away... you still ahve it don't you? maybe for those few seconds of testing, yes, but other than that, i don't see the issue.

Hmmm, a few seconds?!?! You really have been smoking too much crack. I recorded 2 DAYS of 'testing' back in October. October 5th and 6th to be exact. The only reason I trapped your ip then was the length of the attack gave me time to install and set up Ethereal. http://www.ethereal.com Now you expect people to just accept you and move on, because Tribes is dead, or you were just learning php, or your mother didn't hug you enough? Bullshit. Most server admins PAY for their servers, and spend alot of time admining and making their server a fun place to play. If you really want to make this right, contact every server admin in the master list -you can write a php script to dump out contact info, and pay them all for a month of time.

newguy22 said:
well, i didn't write a hack, the original programmers did inadvertantly in their implementation. i definately don't plan to mess with this sort of thing in the future though, rest assured.

if ran a server or paid for one i wouldn't enjoy it if someone were to make it an object of curiousity and amusement.

1) just because they screwed up a little doesnt give you the right to use it and crash servers.

2) THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO IT!??!?! YOU FUCKING LIER

VRWarper said:
THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO IT!??!?! YOU FUCKING LIER

lol. you need to take a breather or something dude.

anyway, i've made my peace as far as i'm concerned. i won't post about all this again, its in the past IMO. if you can't accept that, then that's cool.. there's nothing i can do to change it. i won't post about all this or even check the thread again.. its all cool now. good luck everyone.

yeah and lets all go kill your family members slowly :grimreape
after it is done, it will become the past and we wont be in trouble right?

i believe this is the moron who has been crashing servers for months. as it is he admitted to attempting to crash 250 servers to this format. well i have reported this moron to the proper legal authorities before and guess what? yep im reporting him again. he has crashed the AU server in excess of 4000 times and each time is considered a felony. he has messed up my server terribly and it still hasnt recovered. because of this moron i now must pay my host to defrag my host comp out of sequence. i will also repost this ip to my host who will also report it so this morons "friend" will lose IP access forever if we have anything to say about it. i will also push for jail time under the patriot act cyber terrorism laws.

i have 15 ips world wide on this moron plus logs of every attack he has done. plus i have logs of him bragging how he was going to kill tribes which i have posted on www.anihilation.info under the topic a conversation with a wannabe hacker.

the AU server now uses the patch by nofix and while it does stop the crashes it still lags out the server. this explains why the lag has been so bad lately.

i suggest we all report this fool and sue his ass for months and months of server fees. my monthly fee is $101 so by my count he owes my server $404 dollars in server fees and me for 100 hours of server work at $100 dollars a hour. lets make a example out of this fool

VRWarper said:
yeah and lets all go kill your family members slowly :grimreape
after it is done, it will become the past and we wont be in trouble right?

i'll break silence to answer this only...

if you're talking about murdering individuals over something like this, it sounds like you're the one with the serious problem. if you think becaseu you've got info of mine and i should be scared or something, you've got it all wrong. you wanna threaten, then bring it dude.. you're not gonna like what you find. trust me. but, i don't think that's gonna happen. you sound like you're 10 to me.

anyway, later all.

im not 10

im 44 years old and have 20 years of traditional karate lessons.

i wouldnt kill you or your family.

i would break you up so you never walked again if i got you in reach........

but you need to tell mommy not to be suprised when the law arrives at your house to take you away and there computers and your family loses ip access forever

im not trying to threaten you. murdering an individual is no different from crashing a server. the amount of punishment for each violation might vary but deep down at the foundation, they are all just crimes that you cant just walk away from thinking its all in the past.

^AU^Grog said:
im not 10

im 44 years old and have 20 years of traditional karate lessons.

i wouldnt kill you or your family.

i would break you up so you never walked again if i got you in reach........

but you need to tell mommy not to be suprised when the law arrives at your house to take you away and there computers and your family loses ip access forever

so much for keeping silence lol.

i hear you. i wasn't referring to you though.. the guy above you was talking about murdering people. i wasn't sure if he was threatening me or not.

man i'll tell you what though. i was simply being honest about all this stuff. if that's not cool with you, then i dunno man, do what you gotta do. if you don't think exposing my true identity says anything about my intentions when admitting all of this stuff then there's nothing more i can say really.

very unfortunate for you because in the real world, your intention is only what the majority of the other people perceive it as.

i expect you to say four more things on this matter.

first: yes officer i understand my rights as youve read them to me.

second: mom please get me a laywer and bail me out.

third: i plead guilty your honor since i posted it on a public forum.

and forth: please bubba dont rape my ass! ill give you hours of oral sex instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back