• Single-Player only

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Multi-Player only

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Both Single-Player and Multi-Player

Votes: 122 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm all for single player, but let's face it, without a solid multiplayer game, the game won't last.

A quick question to the dev, will single player only consist of a story mode? Or will players have the option of loading up a game of deathmatch or ctf against the AI whenever we feel like it?

Falhawk said:
I realize this. But I also realize that if they did want to put things in MP that they'd have to put it in SP as well, could be double the work (yes with twice as many people, but that doesn't always matter).
There is absolutely no reason that Single and multi have to have all the same things they can be essentially 2 different games if the team wants....nothing in programing dogma says that the software can't do 2 independent functions to 2 different play modes.

Yogi said:
So in other words, you should be banned from every server before the game ships for using exploits.
wouldn't these fucks be up the creek if the dev's figure out a way to encrypt the whole thing with out hurting performance Man I would love to see that.

Panda Star said:
wouldn't these fucks be up the creek if the dev's figure out a way to encrypt the whole thing with out hurting performance Man I would love to see that.
MD5 is an encryption scheme. And where there's a will, there's always a way.

Ixiterra said:
MD5 is an encryption scheme. And where there's a will, there's always a way.
MD5 is a type of check sum encryption is a usually a algorythm(sp?) that has a decrypting key to unscramble the contents that are encrypted, where as check sum means that the file is always exactly as you want it in size or content and changes are corrected or stopped based on that checksum, not quite the same.

so you could in theory encrypt the checksum and decrypt it in memory on the fly to check files as they are loaded in the game.

I'm looking forward to the multi by far, but I really hope the SP is fun too, it's always nice to have somewhat of a SP mode to get into the feel of the game before you hit the online play

This thread is making me excited for some reason. I might have to go home and play some Tribbles (I still play once a week or so). :hungry: T:V now!

I just can't make my mind up how a tribes sp would look :p
I can imagine an arena type sp, tournament-like, like ut2k3 or somet. But sp with a story? That's too weird. :eek:

Multiplayer is my personal preferrence (by about 90% to 10%), yet it'd be good if the Single Player also had some depth (as apparently it's Irrationals key focus)

Back