Who the fuck was Mr. Crowley?

Dude you sucked at LT and base. I remember playing with you. Also LT seemed easy but when you played in competition it got so fast paced sometimes it was insane. It was the insane speed that made it hard. In LT you also had to position shift so you needed to play multiple positions when capper wasn't capping he was returning. When LO wasn't clearing he was returning. Home D had to home D and pass to the capper who stayed back. Everything was hectic and shifting fast paced.

Oh I wondered how long before you or someone else starting telling people they don't know because they sucked. But hey, if I sucked, that made you pretty awful, because I remember you as well.

I played comp LT. I know what it was like. Your description isn't off either, but it all comes from LT favoring offense way over defense. I don't believe that makes a good game.

But why bother arguing with me? I sucked anyway.

I believe that there was a general understanding among renegades players that everyone played comp with cheats.

I believe you are dumb.

this "troc" bullshit embraces cheats, which is why ren gets all the gay cheat hate. thats where moneyshot and anonymous began and thats when renegades basically died.

Well, most of that list is laughable if you are talking all time best. You don't have any old school IE, 5150, S3 on there. I'm no expert, but I can think of many better players that should be on the list instead.
Obviously IE, 5150 and S3 we're the best of their era and 'legends' in said era but I believe that the later generations were better. Having played in all of them I'll stand by that. By no means am I saying they are bad, I just think when Tribes evolved players got better. Beatstick was a stud on HO but tribes was still fairly new at the time. Some players left, some stayed and got better than the old guys. That's just my perspective.

Well, then I misinterpreted what you said.

I'm not saying LT players are necessarily bad, but capping in LT itself is a complete joke compared to capping in base. In LT, a capper had the luxury of always having an energy pack and grenade launcher. He also never had to deal with a HoF.

I did see most of these guys play LT. I played LT myself for a short time in the beginning. I also didn't say they were bad, but being good in LT doesn't mean a whole lot when we're talking about base. No doubt they can be good in both, but when a team of renegades players (anon. And don't confuse renegades players with players who started with renegades and went to base.) dominated LT for so long, it says something about the game.
I see what you're saying about e-packs. That's why I qualified my list saying "LT" when I was referring to LT players. Can Lix dominate without an e-pack? I don't know. Can he in LT, yes. Judging by the way he's picked up LT over the last 2-3 years could he be a great LT capper? Definitely.

I don't know why I'm giving love to these LT jews anyway since they are all douche bags keke.

Not sure who this quote came from because I'm not going to look but:
And woohoo was a great TF, but he doesn't hold a candle to gutty imo.

I also missed Saiyan as a HO, who is obv probably the best of the bunch.

Last edited:
While I agree he has some strange new school players (FREIGHT_TRAIN as a dream team HO?), the game has continued to evolve, and to say that newer players would not be able to keep up with the older players is pretty silly.

The LD/Cap dynamic evovled in LT quite a lot, so i'd wager that the best LD are probably now the LT ones, although i'd agree that AppleCider and Jaymz definitely need mention.

I think in general its hard to define a good capper when you compare separate eras much less between two different games altogether, capping in LT has its own difficulties and is played much more differently than base. I'd wager that LT players have developed better cap routes than the routes that were used a few years ago, if you can concede that.

If we are talking 10 v 10 not LT, then old school players are much better. I understand that there might be some new routes with cappers being more versatile in LT, but the IE, 5150, S3, etc. players were the best of the best at a time when the ladder was the most competitive.

If we are talking 10 v 10 not LT, then old school players are much better. I understand that there might be some new routes with cappers being more versatile in LT, but the IE, 5150, S3, etc. players were the best of the best at a time when the ladder was the most competitive.

It was most competitive and they were the best at the time, but to put the old school IE vs any new school base teams like -W-, KoV, hell even [tm] or RR, and they would be made silly, just like if you put the young Ali in the ring today.

The play evolves, and its hard to pick from separate eras when some players quit so they couldn't continue to hone their skills like others.

Dude you sucked at LT and base. I remember playing with you. Also LT seemed easy but when you played in competition it got so fast paced sometimes it was insane. It was the insane speed that made it hard. In LT you also had to position shift so you needed to play multiple positions when capper wasn't capping he was returning. When LO wasn't clearing he was returning. Home D had to home D and pass to the capper who stayed back. Everything was hectic and shifting fast paced.

good fucking lord you're barely literate

Back