Skins for Tribes 1.40

wait were those Z's lush terrains that you just redid i actually liked the greener slightly over saturated look just it would be nice if there were 1.30 AND 1.40 versions like milk tends to make. make two versions i can't seem to find a good batch converter to do that many tiles and when I did they put their company's logo on the texture tile. buncha tiles with a sticker thrown on the bottom left corner of every single texture oh and btw, it actually looks better in 32bit tga's in hudbot than 8bit png's but i guess Andrew saw that 8bit was beter than 32 for some reason...

i tried to edit z's ancient energy and health huds but i couldn't get them to load i use presto pack to load the acs script. and it says it auto loaded it didn't notice any errors in the console or anything i also manged to put the png's into pbmp for tribes I'm also quite sure they are the right palette texture too with transparency added for the background so they don't look like black boxes.

here is a copy of it maybe i need it to work with prestos function pack instead of 1.40's...

Z's ancient hud for 1.30.zip

wait were those Z's lush terrains that you just redid i actually liked the greener slightly over saturated look just it would be nice if there were 1.30 AND 1.40 versions like milk tends to make. make two versions i can't seem to find a good batch converter to do that many tiles and when I did they put their company's logo on the texture tile. buncha tiles with a sticker thrown on the bottom left corner of every single texture oh and btw, it actually looks better in 32bit tga's in hudbot than 8bit png's but i guess Andrew saw that 8bit was beter than 32 for some reason...
No, the terrain source I used was stock 1.40.655 textures. I manually did them all in paint.net and optimized + stripped gamma info with PNGGauntlet.

oh very nice lol... i need something to mass convert png to tga without adding gay banners or company logos on the bottom of the tile. also it would be rather proffessional if ppl would post both versions of thier skins instead of just 1.40 ones( much like milkman does) Milk your the man:dapimp:

i would also do it in photoshop if i knew how mass converting that is... all credit will be given thanks :)

Last edited:
i already fucking told you what to do. just fucking open the files in photoshop (you can torrent it everywhere), make a record action and play it in every texture. That action is basicly save as png /tga w/e you want

No need to be condescending you probably did tell me but it was too much spam to sort through in a full server. also i know what your talking about... i just don't wanna have to open up every file to do it i just want to open them all at the same time and convert them at the same time and save myself and somebody else the time.

you batch the action in photoshop to do entire folders at once/you both are retards

• record action
  • save action
  • automate/batch action

anubis probably does one at a time lolololololol
no wonder he always begs

Last edited:
well i finally converted them all... credits to "Z" (wish he had a real name). i can also convert them in lighter colors different weather settings and hues if anyone wants that please post requests and ill have them up as promptly as the topic or private message is sent. oh yea Z love your textures man all of them really! everything I've ever seen you post was pure perfection I'd like to see more from it maybe a shotgun or elf and a plasma gun for us anni players :)

1.40converted to 1.30.zip

Z your weapons look like someone smeared shit on them, and why are you idiots posting 1.30 skins here, this topic is for 1.40 skins.

I've taken the hi res version and recolored it since i thought it was too blotchy. like i said before, the hi res doesn't make a difference beyond like 10 ft.

top: los res
mid: high res
bottom: my recolored hi res
comparisonpi.jpg

comparison2.jpg

comparison3.jpg

Last edited:
i'm not done with all the images yet. i used dx for the example because it uses only a few tiles vs maps like rd that use like 50. it will probably be around 150mb when finished.

:) thats all very well but the size is terrible D:
it will probably be around 150mb when finished.

its bigger than the whole vivid pack! Try to get a good program to compress them without killing quallity :D

Last edited:
:) thats all very well but the size is terrible D:

its bigger than the whole vivid pack! Try to get a good program to compress them without killing quallity :D

unless you're still using a computer from 2002, the large file size simply increases the map load time by 4 seconds.

Back