Dorian

I love it when Publix implores you to buy all their products. There's nothing like profiting off other's misery. The American Way!

They tell everyone to buy a bunch of supplies before the storm hits, but guess what, it didn't matter in the Bahamas. The place was wiped off the map. All this crap about buying water, food for 7 days, boarding up, all for nothing if your place takes a direct hit.

The reason they want you to have all these supplies is because the power will go out and if you're in an evacuation zone, they shut off the water before the storm hits.

But for most people inland, none of this applies. Yet they scare people into buying a bunch of supplies for nothing. Now they're asking everyone in Florida to buy and send a list of supplies to the Bahamas. People are actually doing it too.

The point of my post, is that the preparation for a hurricane is flawed if it makes a direct hit. None of those people are ready when the storm hits, and they're all fucked after it passes.

i mean its legit if the storm isnt as strong as it is... or if youre in some bunker.

i wonder if property prices in bahamas dropped alot over dis... id love to buy that shit up and build a badass fortress :D

They don't have land survey procedures like we have. Or even a postal address system. Good luck finding your property now.

i mean its legit if the storm isnt as strong as it is... or if youre in some bunker.

i wonder if property prices in bahamas dropped alot over dis... id love to buy that shit up and build a badass fortress :D

bro

fuckin a, yes

lol @ blame Der Gropenfuhrer :lol: so true

It's not Trump's fault.

Look at this story here and watch the video to get an idea of the people on those islands.

It's not the USA that told Bahamians to live on those tiny keys that could be wiped away. Not the place of the USA to evacuate those islands when the forecasters didn't know where the storm was going until 2 days before it hit.

The people on those islands were basically living in the equivalent of trailer homes, no insurance, no way to get out.

Now they want to come to the USA, but Trump is saying No, because drug dealers and terrorists want to come in through the Bahamas.

This is .00001% of the people. Richard Branson and friends rode out Irma in a bunker, and afterwards, they said it was hell.
Richard Branson's private island utterly devastated by Hurricane Irma - The Washington Post
The best plan is to take as much as possible and evacuate. But since the forecasters don't know where the storm will hit until about 2 days out, you don't know. And 2 days before it hits, everything is being shut down (airports, seaports).

Last edited:
My hurricane preparation consisted of moving to Alaska. Come at me Dorian.

I did live in Florida for over a decade, but was smart enough to not buy a house on the coast or on a flood plain. Worst hurricane damage I ever suffered was a wet carpet from rain blowing in under the door.

Where I live west of Fort Lauderdale, it's pretty good. The storms either go to the south or turn to the north. We have the Bahamas shielding us. We do get strong winds that knock over trees.

Andrew was very strong even though it went to Homestead. That's because the strongest winds are on the north east side of the storm. Blew my fence down and we lost power for a few days.

People do evacuate from South Florida if they know it's going to hit. I remember last time, everyone was on the turnpike, it was gridlock. US-27 is the better escape route.

Back