Which DK build?

oh right, the instance they threw into the game 6 months after expansion release and was already cleared like two weeks later

yeah great game

There are still plenty of guilds who haven't beaten the hard modes and thus, haven't seen the final encounter. The instance is still fresh.

Honestly, if you played once, and now it doesn't "do it" for you, then that's fine. Just don't go around mindlessly bashing.

I mean, I for one can say I've lost a lot of interest in the game over the past 6+ months, but it's still fun, a lot better than playing TF2 I guess.

i played the game since retail and through both expansions

an incomplete list of awesome things removed forever:
-outdoor raid encounters that guilds actually had to fight each other for
-speed-based weapon damage modifiers
-closed-server battlegrounds that actually led to bragging rights and recognizable opponents
-not getting full epics within a week of hitting max level
-challenging raid content that wasn't open to every single scrub on the block
-paladins could actually be killed

so maybe it's not me that's in denial here..

Last edited:
i played the game since retail and through all 3 expansions

an incomplete list of awesome things removed forever:
-outdoor raid encounters that guilds actually had to fight each other for
-speed-based weapon damage modifiers
-closed-server battlegrounds that actually led to bragging rights and recognizable opponents
-not getting full epics within a week of hitting max level
-challenging raid content that wasn't open to every single scrub on the block
-paladins could actually be killed

so maybe it's not me that's in denial here..
Outdoor raid encounter where 1 person can wipe you -- no thanks.

Slower weapons are still better for classes with instants, and speed in general still plays a big role in which weapons are good. Non-issue.

Playing against random idiots isn't really any different than playing against the same group of idiots. BGs suck shit regardless.

On some level I agree with this point, but on another I can't bring myself to care much.

PvP imbalance isn't a new thing, balance shifts around all the time. I'm sure Paladins will be toned down in a patch or two.

you mean 'outdoor raid content where giant carts of purples aren't handed to you for clicking a button'

yeah having to be alert and skilled at the game to earn items is terrible

also how can 1 person wipe a raid ever since the mind control cap nerf from forever ago (which used to be fucking hilarious btw)

i just feel it's pretty clear from the way blizzard shoved this expansion out (repackaged-Naxx that pry took about 10 minutes to make + a new class that was overpowered and destroyed everything) that blizz is just squeezing the last bloody dollars out of this game from casuals and bad players before it completely stops giving a fuck when sc2 and d3 are released

Last edited:
like i said, brain dead! i've found that for the most part, the theorycrafters suck. they spend more time with all the math than actually getting good. hmm that idea applies to everything in life now that i think about it.

ive tried every spec thoroughly. my guild runs with 4 dks. 1 frost, 2 unholy, 1 dw unholy. single target fights, i'm 500-600 dps higher. aoe fights 1.5-2k higher. the only time they can pull my dps is the 15 second trash kills. it's by far, the best spec for ulduar as many fights have some aoe in them. keep in mind, i'm the least geared dk too.

what weapons are you using?

from what I read, the reason no one dws as a dk is we've yet to see 2 1 handers that will give enough white damage to over come the bonus yellow lost from our instant strikes when using 2 handers.

I'd love to see your gear and build. I like 2hand but if at a certain level dw gets good again, a change would be fun too. especially since my guild at most two rogues that bother to show up so getting weapons would be easy for me.

you mean 'outdoor raid content where giant carts of purples aren't handed to you for clicking a button'

yeah having to be alert and skilled at the game to earn items is terrible

also how can 1 person wipe a raid ever since the mind control cap nerf from forever ago

they could show up and die to kazzak making things a lot harder.

like i said, brain dead! i've found that for the most part, the theorycrafters suck. they spend more time with all the math than actually getting good. hmm that idea applies to everything in life now that i think about it.

ive tried every spec thoroughly. my guild runs with 4 dks. 1 frost, 2 unholy, 1 dw unholy. single target fights, i'm 500-600 dps higher. aoe fights 1.5-2k higher. the only time they can pull my dps is the 15 second trash kills. it's by far, the best spec for ulduar as many fights have some aoe in them. keep in mind, i'm the least geared dk too.

You care to back that up? Maybe with your armory link and some WWS?

how is multiple guilds involved in a free-for-all over raid attempts and critical loot not awesome

maybe we should all go walk into our shiny instances where we can be nice and safe from pvp that matters.. guild wars, anyone?

except you could both control AND stop these 'things'..?

outdoor pvp awareness is a good thing

fuck man didn't you play with us on tichondrius back in the day

okay smart guy

if that's true then why were numerous guilds (including mine) still eventually winning out long, epic pvp battles and killing kazzak/azuregos/emerald dragons/etc

watching for alliance on track/with your eyes and getting in attempts between rez timers is not rocket science

okay smart guy

if that's true then why were numerous guilds (including mine) still eventually winning out long, epic pvp battles and killing kazzak/azuregos/emerald dragons/etc

watching for alliance on track/with your eyes and getting in attempts between rez timers is not rocket science
Because the people griefing you got bored. Grats on winning a war of attrition for shitty loot that no one wants.

I'm not saying world bosses in general are bad. I'm saying some of the ones that they have implemented are.

Back