The Armory

PoorDoggy

Veteran XV
The Armory

Blizzard's answer to CTProfiles. It does everything for you. Tracks gear, skills, talent specs, etc. and makes it all searchable and visible to everyone. Neat for comparing, apping to guilds, creating drama (our guild MT is an asshole and refused to tell me anything about his tanking gear or spec a while back...maybe because he's specced MS for PvP? :lol:) etc.

I like how it updates rather often. When I first saw it, I was like "wtf, why is my +dmg so low and my stats as well?" but it took a snapshot of my character when i was all broken from being in kharazan for a while.

Still in beta but very nice. I like that you don't have to do anything at all in order to be listed.

Also, when someone tells you what their talent build is and you want to emulate it it's nice to see exactly where the points are.

Well, I don't like how you can just duel someone and look up their spec and know how to beat them :/

Cuz I know when I join a BG I'm going to immediately pull up the Armory and look up everyone on the opposite side.

"OK guys the warrior is MS spec, the pally is retribution, the mage is fire, the priest is shadow, and the rogue is... well... a mix of everything!"

Definitely one of the coolest things they have come up with in a long time. Checking top 5v5 teams to see how they gel and what specs they are (currently) using does give you a bit of an advantage if you spend the time looking.

I never checked it out until I saw this thread, I didn't expect it to go into that much detail.

Since everyone else is too scared to show a profile of their characters here is mine. Both are on Feathermoon and level 70, and both have half assed gear.

Atomicrabbit

Marnock

edit: Had to edit it a few times, the link that is generated when you click on "Copy this URL" puts a ? instead of # at the begining of the word "character" so it wasn't linking properly.

Last edited:
Back