Molten Core is a pain

Sojourn said:
Both Strath and Scholo in the 5-man groups I did had

Priest
Druid
Warrior
Mage
Rogue

And yes, it is incredibly slow and painful. I think it was about 5 hours, with Jandice.

Did it with
Shaman
Mage x 2
Priest
Warrior
Didn't time it, but it wasn't to long

Fool said:
It sucks that the only thing scholo is good for are the epic hats, and you have to go through all that shit to get to the last boss. My guild is down to 45 minutes for Baron runs in Strath. Scholo takes 3 times as long and has 1/3 the reward.

hah we timed ourselves at 25 a few times %_%

rukkus said:
speaking of farming hats. i can't even decide if i'd wear the beaststalker hat.
right now i have a Crown of Tyranny from Balnazzar.
301 armor
20 sta
40 attack
1% crits

would you replace that with the beaststalker headpiece?
297 armor
20 agi
20 sta
10 int
6 spi

I am leaning towards no. I will not be wearing a full suit of beast so don't count in the set bonus factors.
I like the beaststalker for the added int buff, but % to crit > *
Tossup though, but I'd probably stick with the Crown of Tyranny as well.

If I'm not mistaken...a boost of 20 agi will actually improve your crit by more than 1% (and consequently increase your dodge and possibly parry (dunno if hunters even get that). The int boost is all positive - the only thing you lose is the attack rating, which to be fair is relatively nice, depending on your build.

Pop a good agi potion and see what your crit goes up to, because the more I think about this the less sure I am on the numbers. I'll have to check it when I get home.

you are mistaken. 20 agi will not give you 1% to crit at 60. it's somewhere around 50~agi, i'd have to look it up. right now with talents i am at around 20.75% chance to crit. my agi and stanima are both around 200. i am pretty happy with the mixture. i plan on swapping my gloves for beastalker and my wrists. otherwise i'm happy with what i have for now.

Last edited:
rukkus said:
you are mistaken. 20 agi will not give you 1% to crit at 60. it's somewhere around 50~agi, i'd have to look it up. right now with talents i am at around 20.75% chance to crit. my agi and stanima are both around 200. i am pretty happy with the mixture. i plan on swapping my gloves for beastalker and my wrists. otherwise i'm happy with what i have for now.

Interesting. As a rogue with 329 agi, I only have a 20.35% chance to crit. I'm not loaded with crit gear, though. I only have Blackhand's Breadth, Mark of Fordring, and Painweaver band. I have the Eye of Rend, but I like my shadowcraft cap much better.

And btw, sacrificing other stats for chance to crit bonuses is a HORRIBLE idea. You all need to find a good balance between the two. That's what I think I've done and it works quite well.

rukkus said:

Boosting my agi by 17 with a scroll, my crit went up .78. So, +20 wouldn't quite get you to a full 1%, but it's negligible imo. Unless of course agi is staged - my agi is nearer to 300, so perhaps that increase is only for a higher agi. Or maybe it just works differently for rogues. Regardless, agility affects a lot more than just crit...I wouldn't be so quick to toss it aside.

it's not negligible for me. at lvl 60 if i take off my beaststalker legs (26 agi), i only lose .49% of crit. Therefore, it would take me around 52 agility for 1% of crit. This is for a level 60 hunter.

Agility affect's rogues a bit differently, Other classes, all your strength determines attack power, but for a rogue, its half agil and str, wouldn't surprise if rogues received a bigger bonus from agility too.

TechnoDonut said:
Interesting. As a rogue with 329 agi, I only have a 20.35% chance to crit. I'm not loaded with crit gear, though. I only have Blackhand's Breadth, Mark of Fordring, and Painweaver band. I have the Eye of Rend, but I like my shadowcraft cap much better.

And btw, sacrificing other stats for chance to crit bonuses is a HORRIBLE idea. You all need to find a good balance between the two. That's what I think I've done and it works quite well.

depends really, at 60 its roughly ~30 agi to get that 1% crit back, i mix the shadowcraft gear that i do have with crit gear for a bit of balance.

but if youre based off a seal fate build, the higher your natural crit %, the more likely seal fate will be going off when you crit off your specials for that extra CP generation.

C-wAVe said:
Agility affect's rogues a bit differently, Other classes, all your strength determines attack power, but for a rogue, its half agil and str, wouldn't surprise if rogues received a bigger bonus from agility too.

adds to dodge, crit, our AC and atk power.

we killed lucifron again last night. we planned on doing MC raids all week long

but Lucifron bugged and NOBODY was able to loot. so we couldnt get our tome of tranq and now we cant continue

MC is shockingly boring. It has no rival in pure concentrated dullness. If you dont have any books yet you are a week or 2 from being able to beat magmadar anyway. You need atleast 2 hunters with tranq to have a realistic shot at him.

I am seriously so amazingly bored every time i even think about entering the zone again though. The purple drops are marginal upgrades but not worth the time invested.

booty said:
MC is shockingly boring. It has no rival in pure concentrated dullness. If you dont have any books yet you are a week or 2 from being able to beat magmadar anyway. You need atleast 2 hunters with tranq to have a realistic shot at him.

I am seriously so amazingly bored every time i even think about entering the zone again though. The purple drops are marginal upgrades but not worth the time invested.
im pretty sure we are capable of doing magmadar with only two hunters.

as is we only had one. that run last night (first of 7 total) was to get the 2nd book. now lucifron is dead and nobody could loot. so we dont have a second book. so we cant continue

booty said:

I was so disappointed in how the zone looks. I don't now if its optimized for raids or what (obviously), but it's so freaking bland and simple. Grey rock and lava, THAT'S IT. Fuck, I wanted more. Maybe I'm just not far enough in yet.

The boring look does not help but I could tolerate it if it was atleast fun to play inside I could forgive it. It is not even very rewarding to beat bosses inside. MC is not really about skill just perseverence. The guilds that can actually get a group of like 35+ of the same people to enter that hell hole for 5 hours a pop on 4-5 consecutive days are the ones that are getting close to clearing it.

In the end it is a very poorly designed zone i think .Maybe when they 'revisit' the drops to make them non retarded it will be more worthwhile. Currently they are fractional upgrades to the endgame class sets. The random purple weapon drops in MC are superior to the boss drops which is hideous.

That sucks if it was gonna be your second book, 2 is all you need.

Back