How come we're 6 months into the 2011 fiscal year for gov't

FngrBANG

Contributor
Veteran X
And we have no budget? I mean, everybody knew that 2011 was bound to get here.

What has Obama been doing? WTF was Congress doing prior to the 2010 elections?

YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT!

Cut them some slack, they're only in session for a few months before going back to their farms for the harvest.

Cut them some slack, they're only in session for a few months before going back to their farms for the harvest.
Those zany agrarians!
whats the point of a budget? we just gunna spend more money then we gots nukka
According to the Center for Immigration Studies

Immigrants both legal & illegal use significantly more welfare monies than the native populaton of the United States.

Keep in mind that the legal immigrants aren't supposed to be granted some of the welfare coverage until they have been in the country for more than 5 years--and yet they were given that coverage anyway. Our government looks the other way.

This whole budget mess is political theatre at its worst. Republicans added an amendment to the most recent CR that would ban the use of federal funds for abortions in the District of Columbia. Why the fuck would you add that? Are they trying to make the bill unpassable in the Senate/sure to be vetoed by Oboma so that the shut-down can be blamed on Democrats?

Pathetic.

Hrm, sounds like you've got more of a problem with Congress than with Obama. I know you love to cite the Constitution, but perhaps you should read up on the difference between the powers granted to both Congress and the President.

Perhaps you neglected to read where my OP mentioned BOTH the President AND Congress.

Perhaps you need some remedial reading comprehension studies.
Are they trying to make the bill unpassable in the Senate/sure to be vetoed by Oboma so that the shut-down can be blamed on Democrats?
Yes.

It's called "giving the other side exactly what they secretly wanted."

And boy has it got them on the defensive atm

This whole budget mess is political theatre at its worst. Republicans added an amendment to the most recent CR that would ban the use of federal funds for abortions in the District of Columbia. Why the fuck would you add that? Are they trying to make the bill unpassable in the Senate/sure to be vetoed by Oboma so that the shut-down can be blamed on Democrats?

Pathetic.

I fucking hate asinine riders like those. Both parties are to blame fucking bums.

The democrats have already agreed to the $33 billion in cuts that the republicans asked for originally. This should be over already were it not for overzealous freshman republicans.

$33 billion is not enough

Don't bury your head in the sand and pretend that it is

Then why did the republican party ask for it?

I agree that it's not enough. But this is not the way to go about reforming government spending. Don't try to pretend that it is.

Back