Hot Sauce Thread

I think it's classified as more of a Mexican style hot sauce than Louisiana since there isn't any vinegar in it and the main pepper is chipotle. Ingredients from the bottle in my hand: Chipotle peppers, habanero, dried ghost pepper, carrot, curry paste, lime juice, tomato paste, sugar, salt.

I took a look at the ingredients and it looks like something I'd like. I'm not a heat queen trying to prove my manliness by eating the hottest shit ever. I like the idea of mixing in citrus and garlic. I will definitely check this out, thanks for the recommendation... I can't believe I haven't heard of this on my pepper forum before.

I am currently using a similar sauce made with scorpions as my daily. Even the hottest of these sauces that they put out these days (unless they're extract based, pepper spray bullshit like dave's) don't even get to 10k scovilles if they're any good. I think the sweet spot is 6k-8k (which is basically like eating a raw jala with seeds heatwise).

I prefer spicy in the brain, not so much in the mouth.

So far I've found I'm a big fan of Denzel's sauces. His company has won a bunch of Scovie awards with something for everyone.

firehazard_lg.jpg

Try a hot sauce with a pine Apple base that uses habanero and scorpions with garlic and some mango and additional citrus for something new

1348-2T.jpg

love that one on good Mexican food.

Cholula is great on stuff where you don't want a ton of heat, just a little kick. Like on scrambled eggs or in Manhattan Clam Chowder...good stuff.

Bumping this since I've tried a lot of the sauces mentioned here now and enjoyed most of them.

Anyone got any new favorites worth a shot?

I was told once you go down this worm hole that you just look for more and more sauces.. And well, they were fucking right.

Bumping this since I've tried a lot of the sauces mentioned here now and enjoyed most of them.

Anyone got any new favorites worth a shot?

I was told once you go down this worm hole that you just look for more and more sauces.. And well, they were fucking right.
Find a Pepper Palace in your area and visit.
Pepper Palace Store Locator
Or you could order online. I mentioned this on page 2. Laurie and I went to Pigeon Forge and I visited the Pepper Palace store. They have samples with chips and sauce out. If you sign a waiver, you can try extreme (I didn't do this, but other people did, one needing to buy milk which they sell in the store). Bought 6 bottles of hot sauce and salsa, you get one free if you buy 5. The salsa is the best deal because you get a big jar. If you want something that will last a long time and is hot, get this.
Pepper Palace Death By Salsa
Q110-2T.jpg

A little spoon at a time is all I needed, jar lasted a month. Otherwise, try the medium kind. That jar is 3 bottles of hot sauce for $10. A little tiny spoon and your forehead will break out in a sweat. Here's what I bought.
PigeonForge0915161mp157.jpg

The Gatlinburg hot sauce has a chili flavor. None of these will burn your mouth off like the one above.

Last edited:
I've been abusing Frank's RedHot for way too long now and I need to change it up..

What is your go-to hot sauce?

Please put the hotness on 1-10 scale with 1 being mild as fuck and 10 being fuck this noise.

That is all

Trappey's Louisiana Hot Sauce
probly a 6. hotter than franks.

I like Cholula chili lime hot sauce, and Louisiana hotsauce

what other stuff can I put on stuff in this vein
srirarharhcara is ok, but boring to me now

Back